Chapter 14: The labs

'Well that was a complete waste of time, we found absolute jack squat in there...' Gladion groaned as we walked out Secret lab A. 'well at least we're out... I can't stand the sight of Aether's labs' I mumbled and stretched to ease my muscles 'You sure you didn't see anything? 'Cause I can't shake off the feeling we missed something' The blonde asked as he ran his hand through his fringe 'Oh you mean apart from test tubes, formulas, documents and- Yeah no I didn't find anything to get us closer to Lillie or Cosmog' I replied sarcastically as I scratched my fur with my back paw. '... Just no would've been fine' Gladion sweatdropped. 'Yeah I know, but where's the fun in that?' I smirked 'Ya know I think I liked you better when you couldn't talk' Gladion frowned.

'You want me to shut up?'

'Yes!'

'Too bad, that's not happening'

Gladion growled slightly and his face turned dark, he was staring daggers at me with his emerald eyes. A shiver went up my spine, causing me to gulp slightly 'U-Um, I mean... Okay I'll stop being annoying can you please stop making that scary face?!' I squeaked, finally able to tear my gaze away from him. 'There, that wasn't so hard was it?' he smirked 'But you know... I've only known that trick to work on people, something you're not telling me?' He bent down, forcing my head to face him. 'N-No! I'm 100% a Pokemon. I'm j-just nervous about being here, t-that's all' I stuttered, failing to pull my head out of his grasp, he stared at me as if he was trying to read my thoughts.

'Dammit, I can't tell him I'm human... Well, used to be. I like being his Pokemon, and if he found out... That could be the end of our partnership'

'Fine, let's meet up with the others. Oh, speak of the devil. There they are now' Gladion pointed behind me, causing me to turn my head to stare. And he was right, Sun and Hau were walking out of Secret Lab B. 'Hey Sun, Hau' I called as I ran over to them 'Did you find anything?' Gladion asked 'We learned a bit about Cosmog! Like, it might be an Ultra Beast or whatever... and if you stress it a lot, it can create Ultra Wormholes! Maybe to run away or something?' Hau explained 'If you stress it...' I repeated 'If you hurt it-is that what you mean? Was that why she ran away with it?' Gladion frowned, crossing his arms and looking down 'But we didn't find any sign of it down here.' Sun sighed, combing his hand through his long, black hair.

'Yeah... Faba probably knew this would be a dead end.' Gladion paused, putting his hand to his chin 'Darn... Did he outsmart us?' He mumbled 'I wouldn't be surprised... I mean it is Faba.' I frowned. but before I could say anything else, my trainer ran off 'Hey! Well he's gone...' I sighed 'Gladion never explains anything, eh?' Hau sighed as he put his hands behind his head 'Probably thinks it makes him look cool...' Sun shrugged. 'Should we go after him?' the green head asked, raising his eyebrow slightly 'We all got in this together. Might as well see it to the end together.' I shrugged, the boys nodded in agreement and we took off after the blonde haired edge master.