Chapter 11: Here Again...

'But where was Lillie taken? It couldn't be Po Town. Sun was there the whole time' Hau tilted his head 'Hmph... so you aren't quite as dumb as you are naive' Gladion smirked as he stood in his signature pose 'It'll be Aether Paradise.' He stated 'W-What?' I started to shake, I never wanted to go back to that Hellhole again 'Aether Paradise?!' Hau's eyes widened. 'What makes you say that...?' Sun tilted his head 'Follow me, I'll tell you once we get to the boat. Huh? Are you okay Null?' Gladion looked down at me, I was a shaken up mess. He bent down and leveled with me, almost instantly realizing why I was acting this way 'You still haven't gotten over it have you...?' He mumbled, stroking me gently 'You think you can pull yourself together for now?'

'Y-Yeah...' I nodded, Gladion stood up and started to walk. With Me, Sun and Hau following close behind.

(Slight Time Skip)

We stopped in front of a black speedboat with Team Skull's logo on it. Gladion turned to stare at us 'You guys ready to go?' He asked bluntly, Sun and Hau nodded while I swallowed a lump in my throat 'Null, I'll be with you every step of the way. So don't worry' He smiled slightly, which somehow eased me, I nodded to signal I was ready 'Good, now let's go'

(Time Skip)

'Aether Paradise harbor... We made it this far without running into trouble. But I don't like how quiet it is. You two... Stay alert' He ordered Sun and Hau 'But... Why would Lillie be here at Aether Paradise?' Hau tilted his head in confusion 'She just will be.' Gladion shrugged 'Argh, this guy. Fine. So what are we going to do?' Hau crossed his arms 'Should we look for her?' Sun asked 'I guess... We take the elevator.' Gladion put his hand to his chin

'You GUESS?! Come on...' I growled 'You guess? And we're following this guy?! He doesn't have any plan!' Hau complained to Sun 'EXACTLY! THANK YOU HAU' I purposefully bumped into Gladion as we started to walk 'Hey! Excuse me Sassy Pants' he snarled as he flicked my head.

We made it to the elevator, battling a few Aether employees on the way. Gladion started to press the buttons on the keypad to tell it to go down, then shook his head in defeat 'Hmph. Just as I thought... ' He frowned 'What were you doing there?' Hau asked, putting his hand to his chin 'Looks like outsiders can't use the main elevator to reach the lower levels.' Gladion sighed and put his hand over his face 'I was afraid this might happen. But still... What a pain. We don't have any choice. We'll have to go up.' He pressed a button on the keypad and the triangular shaped elevator started moving upwards 'I was afraid of this...' I cowered behind my trainer, taking deep breathes.

As soon as we made it to our destination I froze, right there stood someone I desperately wanted to avoid seeing 'I, Faba, am the Aether Branch Chief. The only one in the world, I am irreplaceable. And here you come back... Uninvited?' Faba frowned 'Like you don't know why. You of all people should know What happens in Aether Paradise. Isn't that right, high-and-mighty Branch Chief?' Gladion growled. 'Hee hee hee, look at you... Living out in the world hasn't been kind, has it? But I'm Still not telling you anything! And you of all people should understand why... Gladion' Faba smirked, walking closer to us. 'Hey Sun. You know why being a trainer is so great? Because when you're battling, it doesn't matter if you're a kid or an adult. Everyone is equal in a Pokemon battle!' Gladion stated. 'That's true...' I nodded in agreement.

' I nodded in agreement