Chapter 44: The Truth

A/N: This chapter contains abuse and a bit of profanity. And therefore may disturb some viewers. I'll tell you when it begins, and when it ends.

(Megan POV)

Hapu opened the door to the spare bedroom, letting us in to reveal a rather large room with cream walls, an orange carpet, four single beds lined up on the side, and a window on the far wall which overlooked the ocean.

'There are only four beds, so y'all will either have to share a bed. Or someone will have to sleep on the floor. But I'm sure y'all will have sleeping bags so I don't think that'll be a problem.' Hapu told us, standing aside so we could have a proper look at the room.

'Thanks again Hapu, we really appreciate it.' Lillie smiled.

'It's not a problem. Now y'all have a good night.' The short brunette flashed us a smile, before walking off.

Sun, Lillie, Rose, Gladion and I all looked at each other, wondering who should start up a new conversation. It was a rather uncomfortable silence, with only the sounds of waves in the background filling the space. Finally, Sun decided to speak.

'So... shall we?'

We nodded, and one by one we entered the cozy bedroom that had been assigned to us.

'So which one of you is sleeping on the floor?' Rose asked, while plopping herself on one of the beds and crossing her legs in a pretzel manner.

'Why can't you?' Glad frowned, placing a hand on his hip.

'Because I said so, Madion!'

I snorted at the nickname the short female had just given my cru-... friend, and covered my mouth to stifle my laughter.

'Why you little bi-'

'Woah Woah Woah!' I raised my voice, and grabbed the blonde's arm to hold him back. 'Calm down there 'Madion' don't go killing little girls!'

I secretly​ glared at the smirking girl, gritting my teeth. '...No matter how much they deserve it...'

Gladion sighed, pouting as he pulled his arm out of my grasp. 'Fine...'

'And kiddy Gladion has entered the rink...'

'Seriously though, who's gonna sleep on the floor?' Sun asked, placing his hands behind his head.

I knew this would probably turn into an argument on who was sleeping where. How? Well, I lived with two older siblings until I was ten and we tended to have these types of arguments... A lot. For example: 'I want the last cookie!' or 'No you had last dibs on the remote!' We're kids for Arceus sake. You know what? F*ck it I'm gonna be the bigger person here... I mean bigger Pokem-

UGH! Whatever, I don't know what I am anymore...

'I'll sleep on the floor...' I sighed, raising my hand. The group turned to me, eyebrows raised.

'Are you sure, Megan?' Lillie asked, obviously concerned.

'Well one of us has to.' I cross my arms 'Unless you and Sun want to share a bed?' I suggested, smirking in a teasing manner.

The two eleven year olds scowled at me, not bothering to hide their bright red faces. 'That's not gonna happen!' They snarled at the same time.

'Then I'm sleeping on the floor. I'm saving an argument here guys.'

The room fell silent, and each of my... companions(?) Had calculating looks on their faces. After a minute though, they gave me a quick nod, followed by a 'Fine' from each of them.