Chapter 4: Those trainers...

'Null, use Tackle' Gladion ordered, I charged into the Lillipup I was battling and took away the little amount of HP it had left. 'That's was like, the fifth Lillipup we've encountered today. It's getting kinda boring now...' I yawned before walking up to my trainer 'Good job again today, you earned this' Gladion held out a sweet malasada 'The shop made an extra so they gave it me for free, go on. You earned it' He grinned 'SWEEEEEET' I let out a happy cry before gobbling up the donut like treat. Then I rubbed my head against my trainer's chest 'You're welcome bud' He chuckled while rubbing my back. 'WOAAAAH! What Pokemon Is That?' Yelled a voice behind us which startled us, I jumped in front of Gladion in case it was someone dangerous.

About a metre away from us stood a boy, about eleven. Who had tanish skin, dark green tied back hair and dark brown eyes. He wore a grey shirt, yellow shorts and orange trainers. He was staring at me with wide eyes and a massive grin. Me and Gladion looked at each other with (Who the hell is this guy?) faces 'Hau's it going? I'm Hau, what's your name?' The boy smiled with his eyes closed 'Not very cautious, are you? ... But I guess I should introduce myself now' Gladion sighed and stood in his signature pose 'I am Gladion, And this is my partner Null. We fight for each other' He frowned at Hau, then looked at me with curious eyes 'Alright, we can battle him...' I nodded at him and he did the same, then focused his gaze back at Hau 'Battle me, I won't take no for an answer' He growled and I jumped in front of him, ready to brawl. 'Bring it On, Sunshine!'

(Time skip to after the battle)

'Ha ha ha, man I lost again' Hau grinned as he put his hands behind his head, I rolled my eyes as I walked to my trainer's side 'Are you even taking this seriously?' Gladion scolded as he glared at the cheerful boy 'I am! So seriously! I'm seriously enjoying it' He laughed 'Nope... definitely not a serious battler' I sweatdropped 'Enjoying it? ... You can enjoy a pokemon battle when you put everything you have into it... Which clearly you haven't' Gladion growled as he put his hand on his hip. Suddenly another boy came from behind Hau 'Hau? What's going on...?' He asked 'Woah, hey Sun! This guy is plenny scary' Hau laughed as he greeted the black haired boy 'You're Sun?' Gladion raised an eyebrow as he put his hand to his chin 'Who...?' The boy tilted his head

'So you have enough sense to be wary. Not bad...' Gladion frowned 'Wait, did Gladion just give that Sun dude a complement? Odd...' I tilted my head slightly and stared at my trainer who had his eyes closed, seeming to be thinking deeply into something '... I'm Gladion, I battle for my partner, Null, to make it strong.' He laid his hand on my head

'But most of our time gets used up from doing small jobs for Team Skull' He sighed before focusing his gaze on Sun 'Welp, I know where this is going...' I stood up, ready for him to say the words. He stood in his signature pose again and glared at Sun with his piercing emerald eyes 'Battle me, I won't take no for an answer' He growled 'Zubat! Go!' he threw a pokeball which revealed the small blue bat 'Wait Wha?' I glared at Zubat, then nudged Gladion annoyed 'Don't worry Null, you're my main strength. If Zubat faints, you're up' he smirked as he patted my head, I nodded disappointed 'Go, Torrocat!' Sun called as he threw his pokeball, revealing a black and red cat-like Pokemon.

(Time skip to after the battle)

I fell to the ground, exhausted. I had lost the battle 'How annoying...' Gladion growled at Sun as he knelt down beside me 'You okay Null?' he asked as he gently petted me. I lifted my head and looked at him with sad eyes 'I'm sorry Gladion... I lost...' Even though he couldn't hear me speak, he seemed to understand why I was upset 'Hey, don't worry about it. You win some you lose some' he shrugged and smirked at me. I let out a happy cry as I stood up. Gladion glared at Sun again and put his hands on his hips 'Hmph, it's not like me to slip up like that. I gotta keep fighting stronger opponents. Looks like I'm still not ready...' he growled with his eyes closed.