Chapter 21: Is she even in there?

(Still Gladion POV)

Lusamine stayed silent, her back was still turned to us. The only thing breaking the silence was Null's terrifying growls. Lusamine started to laugh psychotically and grabbed the crate holding Cosmog, holding it in front of her 'Watch... I will open the Ultra Wormhole for you... Come to me, my sweet beast!' She commanded, making the crate start to glow. A beam shot up into the ceiling, causing a portal to open up. We all stared in horror as a jellyfish like beast emerged from the Wormhole, while mother continued to laugh like a maniac 'You see! All over Alola!' She grinned as she pointed at a bunch of screens, which showed a bunch of Wormholes in the sky. 'P...ew...' Cosmog cried weakly in it's tiny prison, Lusamine looked down at the crate in disgust 'Ugh... Must you be so noisy, even inside there? What an annoying Pokemon. The only thing I need from you is your power!' She snapped, but grinned slightly after 'But I will admit... it looks like that power has served me well. There should be plenty of beautiful beasts appearing all around Alola as we speak!' She kicked the crate to Null before turning to the screens again. Null grabbed the box and held it fiercely under her claws, her eyes were cold and filled with nothing. Like her soul wasn't there.

'I Can't believe it... That can't be the Pokemon I love... That can't be my partner...' I clenched my fists as Null violently digged her claws into the small crate, empty eyes fixed on me and my group. 'What happened to her...?' Sun murmured behind his gritted teeth 'My sweet beast...' Lusamine giggled as she stared at the jellyfish creature.

'Madam Prez... the experiment was a success, huh?' We heard someone's voice snicker from behind us, we turned around to see Guzma smirking at the Wormhole. 'Yes, but. We don't have a moment to waste, look the Wormhole is disappearing.' Lusamine pointed at the portal and scowled 'Guzma. With me. We will catch the beast using the the Beast Ball that we've developed here.' She ordered 'yes ma'am...' Guzma nodded and walked towards the wormhole. Soon Lusamine, Guzma, the beast and the wormhole began to disappear 'Null, darling. Please take care of these pieces of trash for me~' Lusamine called out.

'MOTHER!' Lillie screamed as our mom waved goodbye, fading into nothing. Along with Guzma and the beast. And then Sun, Lillie, Hau and I were the only ones left in the lab... Wait...

(Growls)

'Oh no...' I gulped as Null backed me and the others against the wall, her eyes told me she intended to kill. 'Null! Snap out of it! This isn't you!' Hau yelled but she didn't seem fazed 'You have to stop! We're you're friends!' Sun screamed, his back now against the wall.

It was no use, no matter how much we called out to her. Null wouldn't stop coming closer, and her bloodthirsty glare wouldn't cease either. 'GRAAAAH' She let out a bloodcurdling howl before throwing herself at me, pinning me to the ground and digging her sharp claws into my arms 'Gladion!' Lillie cried, I winced in pain as I tried to get out of the creature's grasp. Which seemed to tighten each time one of my companions tried to help me 'It's no use... she won't... Budge' I told them with strain as blood started to flow out of my upper arms. Null brought one of her claws up, and aimed for my face. 'No... It's actually gonna kill me' I stared into my partner's cold eyes, losing hope that she was still in there. The claw came down quickly and I squeezed my eyes shut.

'GLADION!' Everyone screamed.

(Oooooh, cliffhanger)