Chapter 57: Thank you, Sun.

Training these past few weeks was tough. We tried different methods of battling, including single, double, triple, rotation, and even battle royal. Before we knew it, Gladion's Golbat and Sneasel had evolved, and he had gained a new team member, Riolu. I had gained the typings Fire, Ice, and Fairy thanks to Lizzy and Matthew's Arcanine and Ninetails, Poison and Fighting thanks to Crobat and Riolu, and Steel thanks to Prince. I honestly felt like I was growing stronger, both as a person and a Pokemon.

Flashback

'Ninetails, use Ice Shard!'

'Megan, dodge, then use Multi Attack!'

I quickly leapt out of the Ice attack's range, before sending a sea of flames in Ninetails' direction. It hit, and she fell to the ground unable to battle.

'Return, Ninetails. Take a nice long rest.' Matthew advised, returning the Ice type to her Pokeball. He then turned to Gladion and I, and smiled under his mask. 'You two really have gotten a lot stronger.' He complimented.

'Thanks.' Gladion smirked as he tossed me a Sitrus Berry, which I caught in my mouth and swallowed before switching back to my human form.

'It's all thanks to you and Lizzy we got this far.' I grinned, letting Prince jump up onto my shoulder. He was also getting stronger, now knowing how to use Iron Tail properly, and having learnt the move Dig.

'Aw you flatter me.' Lizzy called from the palm tree a few feet away, her back against it.

'You should be flattered.' Gladion called back. 'It takes a lot to actually get Megan to listen to commands.'

'Hey!'

'On that note. Thanks for everything, guys. You're training and tips were really useful to me and my team.'

Matthew smiled and shook his head 'It was nothing. I'm just glad we were of use to you.'

'Damn right you were. I've never felt so confident during battle.' I laughed, reaching up to stroke Prince under the chin. He purred, snuggling up to my hair.

'Well anyway, what are you guys planning to do now?' Lizzy asked, walking up to us with her Mimikyu waddling by her feet.

'Mount Lanakila. We're going to train independently up there until Sun arrives, which should only be for today.' Gladion explained.

'When did I agree to that?' I sneered.

'When I said we were doing it.' He replied, eyes narrowed.

'Nope! Not gonna happen! I'm gonna stay down here where it's warm and has Malasadas!'

'Suck it up, we're going!'

'GLADIOOOOON!'

'MEGAAAAAAN!'

'No!'

'Yes!'

'No!

'Yes!'

'No!'

'Yes!'

NO!'

'Are you sure you're not 5?' He joked

'Are you sure you're not my dad?' I shot back

He scrunched up his nose in disgust. 'Quite. Okay you know what, that's it!'

The boy grabbed me around the waist, getting a very surprised 'H-Huh?' from me, and slung me over his shoulder before walking in the direction of mount Lanakila. Prince trotted behind us, smirking as he watched my failed attempts of wriggling out of Gladion's grasp.