Chapter 48: The Confession

A/N; Okay I think I've kept this from you guys for to long. So here it is. But it's sh*t so I'm sorry...

My chin still tingled with some kind of sensational spark from when Gladion touched it. That, along with the words he spoke, danced in my mind which left the slightest bit of red on my cheeks although most of the blush had dyed down.

'Don't think I forgot about what happened before this~'

'Why would he bring that up now?' I muttered to myself as I sat in the waiting room, with my legs crossed in a pretzel manner, and my arms resting on my thighs while my hands held my cheeks. 'Especially in such a sexy way...'

'Flattering to know you thought it was sexy.' someone chuckled in front of me, making me jump slightly and sit up straight.

'G-Gladion! Hey! Um... How long have you been standing there?' I asked with an awkward smile plastered on my face.

'Long enough to hear you talking to yourself.' he smirked, placing his hands in his pockets. He was wearing a green hoodie, with grey tracksuit bottoms. 'You know you look pretty cute when you're concentrating.'

Eck! Here it comes... blushing mess is back.

'We'll I- uh... ahem. Why thank you. I am pretty adorable.' I say 'smoothly' as I rested my elbow on a non-existent armrest, which caused me to immediately stumble. I sat up again, and found a sudden interest in my feet. 'I meant to do that...'

I was pretty calm on the outside. But on the inside I was like: 'HOLY SH*T WHY THE HELL DID I JUST DO THAT?! UGHH I'M SUCH A BLOODY CLUTZ!'

Gladion shook his head playfully, before taking a seat next to me. His face suddenly went serious. 'Any word on Espeon and Eevee?' he asked.

My face fell for a moment, before shaking my head. 'No... they've been in there for half an hour, and I've heard nothing on Espeon's state. Or if she's gonna be okay...' I murmured, tightly clenching my fists.

'Oh... We'll just have to wait and see then.' he sighed, before noticing my now white fists. He placed his left hand over my right, and gently rubbed his thumb back and forth over it. 'You're really worried about them... aren't you?'

I silently nodded.

'Megan. Look at me.'

I slowly turned my head to him, and our eyes immediately met. He took both of my hands in his and held them up. 'We will work things out. Even if Espeon can't make it. We have to stay strong, even if it's hard. We need to be brave for Eevee.'

He was right. Eevee was probably ten times more worried than I was right now. Meaning if Espeon was going to... yeah... we had to be there for him, without making him more upset about it. But as Gladion said, it was hard. But I could do it.

'You're right. I'm sorry. Eevee's our main concern here and we need to be there for him.' I sighed, giving Gladion's hands a little squeeze.

'You have nothing to be sorry for.' He said, smiling slightly.

You know what, this guy in front of me may not be the brightest... but he's got the kindest heart I've ever seen. He loves his sister and his Pokemon. And does everything he can to protect them. And even though it hurts, he stays strong for the people around him. I admire that. And I respect him for it.

'Megan I feel like there's something I need to tell you...' Gladion suddenly said, lowering our hands.

'Huh? Yea what is it?' I asked, tilting my head.

'We'll the truth is... umm... okay I'm really not sure how I should put this... you know how bad I am with explaining my feelings...'

I nodded. 'Yep. I'm aware.'

'Well... Arceus this is hard. Well... ever since that night, where I finally found out about the real you. I've had this feeling, unlike any feeling I've had before, which makes me feel all strange inside whenever I'm near you. My heart always beats faster and...Well... the truth is although I don't show it I'm always happy when I'm with you... even in situations like this. I think what I'm trying to say is... I like you... a lot'

Mayday Mayday! Emotions overload! Gonna explode!

'Wha- Oh my- HUH???' I gawped. Yup, I was speechless.

'I guess that wasn't clear enough...' Gladion muttered, as he placed both his hands on my shoulders. He leaned in, before pressing his lips against mine. My body stiffened from shock, and my eyes widened as he continued to kiss me. As he pulled away he stared directly into my eyes.

'Now do you understand?' he asked, brushing a strand of hair behind my ear.

BEEP BEEP BEEP! MEGAN.EXE HAS STOPPED WORKING!

I groaned, as I fell backwards. Luckily though, Gladion caught me and held onto me for support.

'Megan? Megan are you okay?' he asked.

'Yeah... I'm fine...' squeaked 'Just... so happy...'

Gladion smiled, before pulling me into a hug which I happily returned. But something still bugged me.

'But why? Why do you like me?' I said into his chest, which somehow made him hold me closer.

'Hmm... let's see... you're strong, smart, kind, silly, brave, beautiful, and you have the biggest heart I've ever known. To be honest that's an instant win in my book.'

I smiled, and looked up to him. 'Biggest heart...? Me...? Nah...' I smirked, before cupping his cheek with my hand 'That's you, Gladion...'

He grinned, as he held onto my hand 'Really? Well then... I guess the only question now is... do you feel the sam-'

I cut him off by smashing my lips against his, to which he immediately kissed back. He placed his free hand on the back of my head to deepen the kiss, while I placed my free hand on his chest. Our lips danced in perfect sync, as we were pulled deeper into the moment. But of course, we had to pull away for air.

'I forgot that I kinda need air to live.' I giggled slightly. 'But does that answer your question?'

He chuckled and nodded, before resting his forehead on mine. 'Definitely...'

Everything in the world seemed fine. Better than fine actually, it was incredible in fact. The boy I liked, liked me back. And everything was perfect in our little world.

Until...

'Excuse me.' a nurse approached us 'Are you the ones who brought in the Espeon and Eevee?'

A/N: Cliffhanger MUAHAHAHA! I'm terrible to you guys I'm sorry