Chapter 20: Lusamine

(Megan POV)

As soon as I came to, I was in a young girl's arms. She had long platinum hair and sparkling emerald eyes, which were more than just a little familiar 'Oh, thank goodness you're awake. I was starting to get worried' She sighed with relief while stroking my head gently '... Sorry if I worried you' I whispered, which caused the girl to shoot back 'Oh My gosh did you just talk?!' she squealed as she pointed at me in shock 'Hey hey hey, shh. Calm down, yes I can speak. For reasons I'd rather not talk about, but all you need to know is that I'm not dangerous' I told her reassuringly, she stopped shaking and tilted her head. 'Oh, sorry I was just surprised to hear a Pokemon talk... I wasn't trying to come across as rude.' She pulled down her giant sunhat in embarrassment, making it cover her bright emerald eyes. 'Um, sorry I know this is sudden... but is you're name Lillie by any chance?'

The girl's eyes widened at that name, she looked up at me with a surprised look. She opened her mouth to say something but closed it as I felt a presence behind me. I jumped in front of the girl to protect her, but froze when I saw the face of... Her. 'Oh, it's been a long time hasn't it Megan? You look well' Lusamine smiled as she came into the room 'Oh yeah? Well maybe because I was rescued from YOUR horrid experiments.' I hissed, avoiding eye contact with her. She started to radiate a terrifying aura as she glared at me 'You disobedient waste...' She snarled before pointing her index finger at me 'But I can fix that'

(Gladion POV)

Me and Hau ran into the Aether house, searching each and every room for my sister and partner. 'Till there was only one room left, without a second thought I opened the door and rushed into it. No one was there but there was a warp pad 'That's the only other place they could be...' I frowned as I held my hand over my face 'I bet Sun's with them too, I'll go first' Hau told me before stepping onto the device, and in a flash he was gone. '...Well, better follow him then...' I sighed before stepping on the pad, before I knew it I was in a giant lab. I immediately spotted Hau, Sun, Mother, Lillie and Null and ran over to them 'Lillie! Man I'm so glad you're OK!' Hau told her before hugging her tightly. As for me, I was staring at Null, I thought she would be happy to see me. But her face showed no emotion, like she was under some kind of trance. 'Ah. Sweet Hau. So you came, too?' Lusamine grinned before focusing on me.

Hmph. And Gladion. Must you be so Untidy?' She shook her head in disapproval, which caused me to grunt slightly 'Will you listen to me at least? You mustn't open the Ultra Wormhole. You cannot let the beasts run wild.' I growled. Lusamine started to walk towards me, followed by Null who was right by her side. She looked at me and then at Lillie, and then started to scowl 'The daughter who stole my Cosmog from me and the son who took my Type:Null! All I ever did was give you two the love I had, and all you did was betray me! You have no right to ask for my attention now!' She snapped and Null started to growl at me, as if she was Lusamine's Pokemon. The thought of it was unbearable. Hau turned to look at me in confusion 'What? Daughter? Son?' He paused 'Wait! You all are Family?!'

'Are you serious?' I mentally facepalmed at the boy's stupidity 'Perhaps we once were... Sweet Hau. But those wretches beside you left me... But it doesn't matter now. None of that matters now!' Mother scowled before turning her back to us, Null took that as a command to circle around us. Like a predator does to prey, and she was growling angrily as if to say 'You move you die'. I stared at my partner in shock 'What did mother do to you?' I thought and clenched my fists. 'I was able to open the Ultra Wormhole using just the gases we extracted from Cosmog when it was in Aether Paradise, wasn't I?' Lusamine giggled as she pointed at a crate beside her, which released a distressed cry. 'But now I have Cosmog itself inside this crate here... With it's entire body, how many Ultra Wormholes will I be able to open? How many sweet beasts will come to me then?'

'S-She's Insane...' I stared in shock at my once sweet and caring mother. Lillie stepped forward but was stopped by Null's intimidating snarl 'Please... Stop... If Nebby isn't- If you make it use too much of it's power... you don't understand what will happen!' She pleaded 'Like when we ran away from the Paradise... it couldn't even move for ages after that...' she paused.

'If You Use Too Much Of It's Power, It Will Die!' She cried, tears forming in her eyes.