Chapter 24: Comfort

I flinched slightly, what Gladion just called me hurt a little 'W-What?' I stuttered, clenching my fists slightly 'I said you're an idiot...' He repeated, this time a little colder. I looked down with a sad expression 'Oh...' was all I said. Gladion suddenly grabbed both of my shoulders and pulled me into a warm embrace 'G-Gladion?' I squeaked, his sudden movement had shocked me so much it made my cheeks flush bright red. 'An idiot if you think I'd ever hate you... you've always been there for me, no matter what the situation. You are my partner no matter what... and I don't care if you're human, or Pokemon... So don't you dare think otherwise...' He whispered, gently stroking my hair. I relaxed in his arms and hugged him back, tearing up slightly 'Heh... Then you're right... I am an idiot...' I giggled as I buried my face into his shoulder.

'Hey, Gladion?'

'Hmm?'

'Any chance of you letting go anytime soon?'

'Nope'

'Pfft, figures...'

Gladion chuckled at my last remark, which caused me to turn my head to stare at him 'What?' I raised an eyebrow at him. 'You may look different, but your personality hasn't changed a bit.' He snickered, tightening the hug. 'Nope, and I don't think it ever will' I smirked. As soon as we parted I stood and stretched, causing a tiny yawn to escape my mouth. I stared in the mirror one last time to check it wasn't my imagination. 'Wait... Before the experiment... I don't remember having any clothes on, but now I'm wearing a T-shirt and shorts...' My voice trailed off and I turned to look at Gladion, who was blushing madly and covering his mouth. He was also trying hard to avoid eye contact 'Gladion... Did you see me naked?' I glared at him, radiating a dark aura 'N-No...' He replied sharply.

'You did didn't you...?' I growled with a flat tone. The boy sighed in defeat and nodded slightly. I blushed madly and grabbed the nearest throwable object, which was a Cleffa plush, and launched at his head 'PERV!' I squealed 'Hey, look it's not like I had a choice. You just fell unconscious there, I couldn't have just left you.' Gladion yelled as he caught the plush, just before it hit his face. I paused for a bit, then crossed my arms and looked away 'I hope you didn't carry me...' I mumbled, which caused Gladion's face to get even redder 'A-Actually I did... But you were wrapped up in a blanket so I didn't touch you anywhere inappropriate' He quickly stated while waving his hands in front of him. I glared at him at the corner of my eye, before relaxing my shoulders and sighing 'Fine, I'll let you off this time...' I smiled slightly, before scratching my cheek with one hand and putting the other on my hip 'So... How are the others?'

'Well, Lillie's still a bit shaken up over what happened. Sun is worried about you, and so is Hau. But other than that, none of them were physically hurt.' Gladion smiled reassuringly. I smiled back, but lost it quickly when I remembered what happened '... What about you? I didn't hurt you too bad, did I?' I asked as I retook my place on the bed next to him, he sighed and rubbed his upper arm 'I'll be fine, don't worry...' He mumbled, not meeting my eyes. I still wasn't convinced, grabbing the collar of his hoodie I pulled it down. My face turned pale and a tiny gasp escaped when I saw a bloody bandage wrapped around his arm. He stared at me with wide eyes, then pulled the sleeve back up 'It's nothing...' He mumbled again 'That doesn't look like nothing!' I yelled as I pointed at the spot the wound was.

'Megan, I'm fine. All I need to do is reapply the bandages every once in awhile, it's really not a big deal' He smiled slightly as he lay his hand on my own, causing me to blush slightly. 'Still though... I can't help but feel guilty, I could've prevented that if I was strong enough...' I frowned as I looked away from him and covered my face with my free hand, hiding the fact I was tearing up again '...I made a vow, the day we became partners... that I would protect you no matter what... but instead of fighting off the danger... I was the danger...' I bit my lip to stop the tears from flowing 'I went back on my promise... and if I didn't gain control... You... You would be-' I choked on my words and the tears started gushing out. 'Megan...' Gladion whispered as he held my hand up, entwining our fingers. I stared down at our linked hands in surprise.

'But I'm not... I'm right here, with you...' He said with a comforting smile. I bit my bottom lip and looked into his eyes, trying my hardest not to glance down at his arm 'I know... but still...' looking down, I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. I recalled how everyone's screams pulled me from the darkness, and how Gladion's emerald orbs had brought me back. I was lost in my thoughts until a stroke of my cheek brought me back to reality, followed by something soft on my forehead. Quickly opening my eyes I found that Gladion was kissing me on my forehead, with his hand gently cupped around my cheek. 'Gladion...?' I whispered, my face turning slightly pink. He slowly pulled away and looked me in the eyes. 'I know I can't stop you from feeling guilty, but I can be here to comfort you whenever you need it... No matter what the issue may be. I want to be there for you' He smiled.

'Gladion...'

'Yes?'

'... You have something in your teeth'

'WHAT?! Oh come on, I say something nice and you reply with that?' He snapped while facepalming 'Ha, sorry. I just wanted to lighten up the mood' I giggled while wiping away any fallen tears 'But joking aside... Thank you, it really means a lot' I smiled, Gladion stared at me for a bit but then smiled back 'You're welcome... do I really have something in my teeth?' He asked as he stood and walked over to the mirror, searching for any object stuck in his jaws. 'Made you look' I snorted. 'MEGAN! That's it you're Dead!' Gladion yelled as he lunged towards me 'Bring it!' I laughed as I jumped off the bed, starting a chase around the room.

 'MEGAN! That's it you're Dead!' Gladion yelled as he lunged towards me 'Bring it!' I laughed as I jumped off the bed, starting a chase around the room