Chapter 50: What if he came with us?

'So Eevee.' I started 'Do you know what you're gonna do now that...'

I paused, realising that what I brought up was probably a touchy subject. It was confirmed as Eevee looked down with sorrow written all over his face.

'I... don't know... mom and I didn't really have a home so I don't have one to go back to... and I'll stand out to predators and poachers because of my coat if I roam the wild. So I'm pretty much stuffed.' he murmured, curling up on my lap. Gladion gave me a questioning look, as if to ask me what he said.

'He doesn't have a home...' I sighed 'And it's too dangerous for him in the wild...'

'Oh.' Gladion replied as he gave Eevee a sympathetic look, and gently stroked his silver fur. He went deep into thought for a moment, before staring right into my eyes. 'What if he came with us?'

'Come on Gladion be serious.'

'I am serious!' he frowned 'Look if he has nowhere to go, and if he can't survive in the wild, then travelling with a human is probably the safest option. For now at least.'

'I wouldn't mind. In fact it'd be pretty neat to travel with you guys.' Eevee perked up, looking up at me with his deep lapis eyes.

I thought about this for a moment, while chewing on my lip nervously. It was true that traveling with humans would keep Eevee safe from predators. But there was one detail that Gladion had likely forgot about.

'Gladion I think you're forgetting about our situation here. We're trying to get your mother out of Ultra Space, which I believe is way too dangerous for Eevee right now. Since he's still young and probably doesn't stand a chance against those Ultra Beasts- Oh uh, no offense Hun...'

'None taken.' Eevee sighed, while dramatically rolling his eyes.

'Anyway I think it'd be more dangerous for him to come with us than-'

'Megan.' Gladion cut me off, and placed both his hands on my shoulders. 'I understand why you're worried. But I have faith we can keep him safe. Heck, we'll have Sun with us who I believe can pull through anything. And even though I don't know her fully yet, I've heard Rose is a powerful trainer who won't go down easily. Plus, you're pretty strong yourself.' He grinned, before brushing a strand of hair behind my ear. 'I wouldn't have suggested this unless I was confident we'd be able to protect him. You trust me, right?'

'Thaaat's debatable...'

His frown returned 'Meg.'

'I'm kidding. Yes I trust you... I just don't want him to get hurt...' I looked down, only to have Gladion gently lift my chin with his index.

'Hey. That won't happen.' he whispered.

I looked up at him through my bangs 'Promise?'

He lightly kissed my nose 'I promise.'

'Eww! Get a room will ya!'

I glared down at Eevee 'Do you want to come with us or not?!' I snapped, which immediately shut him up. I sighed in annoyance and rubbed my temple before looking up at the blonde again. 'Alright. He can come. If he wants to th- Woah!'

I was cut off as Eevee jumped up at me and began rubbing his cheek against mine.

'Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you!!!' he squealed, sounding an awful lot like a little girl. I laughed slightly and patted his head, but then a question popped up in my head.

'But who would be your trainer?'

Gladion chuckled, making me look up and glare at him 'What?' I yelled, a little louder than I meant to.