Chapter 47: An Awful Interruption

'Did you just say you liked it?' Gladion asked, raising a brow.

Sh**********t...

I pressed my lips together in a straight line, calculating my answer. I mean come on! How on earth was I supposed to answer that without revealing my feelings to him? Stupid Megan! Stupid stupid stupid stupid STUPID Megan!

'PFFT! What?! No! I-I Said nothing of the sort!' I laughed nervously. 'You probably imagined it, Edgelord!'

'Megan...' Gladion sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. 'I can tell when you're lying.'

'No you can't.'

'Yes. I can. You keep darting your eyes to the side whenever you lie.'

F*ck he's good...

'Uhm...' My kept getting redder from embarrassment, as I looked to the ground and gulped.

'Now. I'll ask you once again. Did you, or did you not like the kiss?' Gladion asked seriously, stepping towards me. My heart began beating faster and faster the closer he got. I'd say it was on the verge of exploding when he stopped right in front of me. I slowly looked up at him, and his piercing emerald eyes locked with mine.

I took a deep breath and shifted in my spot. 'I didn't... not like it.' I mumbled while blushing.

'So that's a yes then?'

'What? I didn't say that! I mean come on all that happened is that the boy I fell for kissed my forehead and now my heart is beating right out of my chest because-'

I was cut off as a loud cry was heard from down the beach, making us both turn our heads in surprise.

'What was that?' I asked with a frown.

'It sounded like a Pokemon...' Gladion replied, sounding just as confused as me.

'VUIIII!' We heard again, though this time it sounded a lot more distressed this time.

'Well whatever it is, it sounds like it's in trouble.' I stated, turning to Gladion. 'Let's go check it out!'

'Right!'

We ran across the beach, which was hard because our feet kept sinking in the sand, trying to find what made that noise. The cries became louder, and more painful to listen to, until we finally found what it was coming from. And it wasn't pretty. In fact, it was horrible to look at.

An Espeon lay on its side, inches away from the waves of the ocean, lifeless in a pool of its own blood. There were gashes all over its body, with one large opening on its side where most of the blood was coming from. The gem on its forehead was cracked, and its eyes were half open and lifeless. Next to it was a smaller Pokemon. A young Eevee with a different colour coat than average. Instead of being brown with brown eyes, this one was Silver with blue eyes. But its beautiful fur was stained with the blood of Espeon. It was weeping, nudging the purple Pokemon's back in hope it would wake up.

'Oh my Arceus...' I gasped, covering my mouth with my trembling hands. 'It- It can't be...'

As I stepped forward, Eevee's head snapped towards me. It bared its teeth, and stood protectively in front of Espeon.

 It bared its teeth, and stood protectively in front of Espeon