INFERNO

I hate my job, I hate my life, I hate myself, I hate this stuffy atmosphere, I hate those crowded streets, I hate the vulnerability in humans, I hate the undeserved sympathy people have for each other, I hate the fake smiles people share, I hate the silent moment when you realize everything is going exactly how you don't want it to. But mostly, I hate this motherfucker standing in front of my desk refusing to let me focus on the boring numbers on my computer screen.

'Do you want to be a hero? ' he repeated still plastering a fake smile, hands in the pockets of his fancy gray suit pants.

'How about fuck you? '

He didn't flinch, this kind of reply obviously was part of his daily life. I don't even know how he knew about me and I am not interested in knowing, the only thing I'm currently interested in knowing is what can make him disappear from my line of vision. 

Maybe I should set him on fire.

'I would not advice you to do so Mister Min, for one, your fire will not hurt me and you'll only draw attention to yourself which obviously you dislike since you chose a life where attention is the only thing you'd never receive '

How the fuck did he know..

' what you are thinking about? Oh Mister Min I hope you didn't think you are the only person out there with unnatural abilities, for surely I can guarantee you it is not true ' he was really starting to get on my nerves that I can see sparks on the tip of my fingers, and so can he.

' I suppose that's my cue, but I still want to hear the answer to my question' he added putting a black card on my desk, I looked at it and when I looked up he was gone as if he was never there. Which didn't annoy me as much as the small card on the table.

******

I had no idea why I kept it.

I sat at the edge of my bed playing with a lighter in a hand and staring at the small card in the other one.

A hero he said.

Bullshit.

There are no such things as heroes. And as much as I wanted to know how the hell he knew about me and how was he able to guess what I was thinking exactly, I was not going to use this card of his, so I might as well let it burn in flames.

And so I did, not with the lighter, because I didn't need one.

And just as I watched the small paper vanish, everything went wrong starting with a familiar voice in my head

' wrong answer '

The door broke and the whole room filled with smoke, I barely managed to see three masked men wearing SWAT teams costumes and carrying heavy weapons before I was covered in a cold foam. Did they just splash me with firefighting foam??

' too bad you chose this way Mister Min, I had high hopes for you' spoke the calm familiar voice annoying the fuck out of me that if not for the constant splashing for the foam I'd be sending the whole building down in flames.

' yeah? Well I got something big for you I'm sure you're gonna like to stick up your ass '

' very tempting, but I'm afraid you're not my type. Now boys, knock him out'

And before I could ask what that means or get myself ready for a fight, I felt a needle shot at my neck. My head was getting heavy and soon after it i was out cold.