Attack

Night time came, the commotion subsided and Namjoon could finally enjoy some peace of mind without the random wavelengths from strangers invading the privacy of his mind. Even though he had discovered and mastered his mind reading ability since he was a young teen, but ever since he challenged himself to do more he was having troubles controlling it. so during the day it was a total chaos in his mind, unable to keep the voices of strangers' thoughts out was driving him insane. But for him, it was a good bargain. After all, he had experienced the same issue when he first realized his mind reading ability, so he knew he only had to work harder to control it. Instead of doing one meditation session per week, he'd do it daily. He'd go back to using headphones every time he's around a big crowd. He'd watch people's lips to make sure what he was responding to was actual spoken words. And mainly staying up until sunrise doing nothing but enjoying the silence, reminding himself of what it feels like to be alone with one's thoughts so he could keep that feeling to anchor himself to it everytime his ability went out of control. 

But overall, it was a good bargain. 

After years of thinking reading minds was the most amazing thing his mind could do, he had pushed himself to do more. All it took for him to achieve that is to set his mind free, and now reading minds was just a door to what he could do. 

Moving things, going past reading minds into seeing glimpses of the person's memories, implanting unexisting memories, hypnotizing, mind control. Though the last three only worked on children so far with small stuff as to stop crying, inserting unexisting gifts given to them in fictional birthday parties. But they only had short lifespan, it left him tired for days and his control over his mind reading was weakening. 

'you alright? ' hoseok said once entering the common area and seeing Namjoon sitting in the dark staring at the space infront of him. 

'hey, I didn't hear you walking in' smiled Namjoon.

'enjoying the silence?'

'yeah, my roommate is noisy even in his sleep. I think they injected me with some drug or something during the stupid medical check ups. I'll be ok once it wore off ' added Namjoon when he saw the questionable look on hoseok's face. Hoseok then nodded and laid back on the couch next to Namjoon enjoying the silence. 

'why are you still up? '

'yoongi is having a nightmare' hoseok answered casually making Namjoon raise an eyebrow at him.

'and that affect your sleeping because? '

'because the bloody room is an oven and it has no AC' hoseok was obviously annoyed by not being able to sleep also Namjoon knew he didn't like heat so much. 'I tried to wake him up and he flicked me off'

Namjoon shuckled at that earning a tired glare from Hoseok. 

They sat in silence for another minute before they heard voices approaching the room. 

Jungkook and Taehyung jumped in their spot as they entered the room and spotted the two sitting at the couch peeking at them. 

'what are you guys doing here ?' asked Taehyung. 

'nothing, you two look suspicious though. What are you here for ? ' said hoseok studying the nervous look on their faces. 

'well, obviously because it's past curfew and we'll get in real trouble if we get caught ' answered Taehyung as he jumped on the couch between them. 

'we have a curfew ? ' exclaimed Hoseok and Namjoon. 

'Agh so noisy' complained yoongi as he entered the room followed by a smiling Jimin.