Chapter: 12

Ray wasn't herself and I couldn't figure out what was wrong with her. The door handle started to jiggle and suddenly two canines run in the room. I couldn't tell what they were doing, but they immediately attacked Ray, pinning her to the ground and then looking at me. The kid then whizzes past me and over to Ray with a knife. I make my over, but another one of the dogs pull me out of the room.

"kid! stop!" I try and pull away as the kid raises the knife in the air, but I can't get away. My eye starts glowing and a dog jumps on top of me, preventing me from doing anything. I keep struggling, but they just pile me, keeping me from moving. Then finally, they move, they get up and they go back downstairs as though nothing had happened. I get up frantically and walk in the room seeing the kid drop the knife. They turn to me with a smile.

"Pup!" They laugh and I can feel anger boil up in me and my eye begins to glow again. Then I hear a groan and Ray starts moving.

"kid? what did you do?" I ask them.

"Ster." The kid says.

"Gaster?" She says. "Oh yeah, those guys shot something in my arm and it started messing with my head. Thanks kiddo, you're the best." She says as she leans over and see me, my face was pretty worn out. I made my way over to her and sit down next to a smiling kid and a smiling pup. I could see her body pulse and it sent a chill up my spine.

"Hey Sans, sorry about that. I'm fine, just a little aftershock." She chuckles. "I should have told you, but I didn't want you to worry about me." She says apologizing, but all I could do was hold her.

"please don't do that again. ya had me worried." I reply.

"Sans?" The kids says looking up at me.

"i'm fine kid, i'm just glad ya two are okay, ya know." I say rubbing the kid's head. Then my phone rings.

'yeah.'

'when?'

'he did what?'

'a'ight, i'll be on guard.'

"What's wrong?" Ray looks up at me.

"ya know those kids they the experiments on, well they might try to send some to come after ya. they want your DNA, pup and they'll stop at nothing to get it." I say looking at her. The kid makes a sad face and Ray sighs.

"It must have something to do with what they shot me with. It's been a few weeks, but nothing has happened. Sans, I'm afraid, I don't know what's going to happen to me. I don't want anything to happen you guys." She says as though she wants to cry.

"Pup?" The kid says hugging her tightly, all Ray does is smile.

"Don't worry, I'll be fine." She says trying to comfort the kid.

"Come on let's go ahead and get ready for bed." I say standing. "Who are you sleeping with kid?"

"Sans! Pup!" The kid yells with excitement. We all get in bed, the pup curls up in ball like a canine and the kid fits right in the little opening and I wrap myself on the outside, holding the both them.

"night ya two." I say before nodding off.

After that phone call I got, things died down suddenly, too suddenly. I was cautious, aware of anything that seemed out of the ordinary. There seemed to be no change in Ray after we removed that thing from her neck. I eventually let it go after a few years past and we were able to have our normal family activities. We had our sad moments after one of the canines died, Ray was devastated. She stayed in the house for weeks at a time, not interacting with anyone after Karma, the redish brown wolf died. The kid and I eventually got her back to her old self and we were able to have fun again. We had gotten a few jobs to do and when we didn't the pup took the kid out and taught them a few new tricks and now there is second person in the household that speaks dog and English. The only difference is that I learned that Ray knew Gaster's language. So far that was the only effect it had on her, that serum, nothing major besides that whole monster reset death thing, but it was weird. Papyrus and them get along well and Alphys and Undyne has taken a liking to the kid and the pup. We go to the docks often since it's the pups favorite place to go and the kid likes it as well. One day, a couple of guys tried to drowned the pup, hiding in the water. Sometimes I wonder if people remember that she's still human, that she's only part canine which means trouble for anybody. I don't bother to dwell on the thought. That training sure is paying off for her and the kid, they're a dangerous duo and when you add me, we're the unstoppable trio. She and the kid, well as time went on they got a lot bigger and a lot more mature over time. So, of course I had to come up with better names for the both of them. Today, we're going to the dock again, all of us including Paps. After all, It's a beautiful day outside, the birds are singing, the flowers are blooming. On days like these mobsters like us, should be enjoying ourselves.

"LB, Alpha, come on." I say knocking on the door.

"Sans, are they not ready yet!" Papyrus calls from downstairs. I turn toward the banister and the next thing I know, a gust of wind goes straight past me and two bodies are falling from the sky and onto the ground.

"Let's go, Little Boss and I are ready." Ray says giggling.

"You guys are crazy." I say laughing making my down the steps. "Undyne and Alphys are waiting. Are the canines ready?"

"They left already. Let's go." Little Boss says. "Alpha, last one to the beach has to sit through Sans' puns."

"Oh come on, you know they pack a punch. Howl about I drop a few for you?" I say and Paps groan out of annoyance.

"Well, Little Boss, it seems im-paws-ible to get away from." Ray says laughing.

"You guys!" Little Boss say laughing. It really is a beautiful day to go to the beach. Though I know this won't last long.