Chapter: 43

The moon is shining brightly tonight. It's almost time for a full moon, I hope I find her before then. I say waving my hand out in front of me and the wolves disperse, I send a few blasters out on patrol as well. I walk around town asking for information on her whereabouts, but no luck. A few of the canines report back with no luck either so I send them off in different directions and I check another part of town, one I dare not step foot in alone. The humans in this district are far worst than you'd expect them to be. I snap my fingers and Viper appears, I had him modified by Gaster himself. I walk through the the neighborhood cautiously, constantly getting these menacing glares. Some guy bumps into me, but I ignore and keep walking not wanting to cause any trouble.

"Hey, watch where ya goin." He says. I ignore him and keep walking. "Hey bone head, I know you can hear." He tries to grab me, but I swing to the side.

"look pal, i don't want any trouble. i'm jus lookin for a girl." I reply.

"Well ya lookin in the wrong parta town weirdo. Now someone oughta teach yous a lesson bout bumpin into others." He says.

"a'ight, but let's do this where no one else can see." I say and he just chuckles.

"Don't wanna be embarrassed, that's understandable." He replies walking into the alley way and I follow behind him. "Alright. Let's get this over with."

"yeah, ihave someone i need to apologize to." I say summoning a bone and sending it right through his chest. "hope this teaches ya not bump into strangers." I add walking off and continuing on my little search. I start asking around, but the people here just wanna pick a fight with whoever looks the weakest. Unfortunately for them, looks can be deceiving so it's a good thing most of them kept their distance, but the others....... they'll be sent to the morgue by dusk tomorrow.

"Hey skeleton dude. Word round town is yous lookin for a chick." Someone says causing me to stop in my tracks.

"what of it?" I ask turning around.

"Well, you're not the only one looking for this chick. Some guy named Marco is looking for her too." He says and I get heated. "Woah there, ya eye is creepin me out."

"tell me what y'know bout marco." I say.

"That comes with a price." He replies rubbing his fingers together.

"well, i hope ya value ya life more than money cuz i sure as hell don't." I say as I send him flying into the building. I approach him slowly, he had so much fear in his eyes.

"Alright! Alright!" He yells cowering. "I know he came across me about ten minutes before I saw you. He asked me if I'd seena girl wit ears and a tail. I thought he was crazy, but he was serious. Then he said, if you see a skeleton, he might lookin for her too, don't tell him anything or else I'll kill you. That's all I know, I swear."

"well, that was pointless. do ya have any information on the girl." I ask and he shakes his head. "figures. well, looks like yous livin for another day." I add heading in the other direction. It starts getting late and so I teleport back to the house. I see the canines sitting outside attentive as though they were waiting for me to return home. I can tell they had no luck in finding her just like myself. I hesitate to open the and then decide I'm better off at a hotel. I teleport to the one Jackie used to stay at before he moved to the main house and checked in there. I went up to my room and lied down in the bed. All I can think about is how stupid I am for yelling at her, accusing her of nonsense.

"pup, i'm sorry. i was an idiot to let that guy get to me. i didn't mean any of it." I say aloud.

"Yeah, I'm sure you didn't." I hear her voice and pop up out of bed. I look around and see her sitting on the window ledge.

"where have ya been, i've been lookin every where for ya." I say.

"I know, I saw. You and Marco were looking for me. I didn't want to be found. Look, I know you're still mad at me because I didn't tell you everything." She says and I just shake my head.

"no, no no no. i'm not mad atcha . i'm mad at myself for not havin faith in ya and lettin that damn guy get to me. i'm sorry, it's all my fault and i hope ya can forgive me for what i did. ya stuck with this bag of lazy bones for so long without questionin a single thing and i threw it all out cuzza some simple questions. i was jus insecure." I say a mouth full, but she just sits there.

"I'm not angry at you Sans, I can never be angry with no matter what you do or say to me. I know you care, you just have a weird of showing it." She says.

"i can tell ya lying, now please tell me the truth." I say and she sighs.

"You know me so well. Sans, I was upset, but honestly not at you. I was upset at myself for letting it get to this point in the first place. I was really upset after you called me a liar, I really started to second guess myself." She explains.

"don't be upset at yaself, let's work this out. i didn't mean to call ya a liar, it was based round vague information and my insecurities. i'd be lyin if i said i didn't miss ya. i'd be lyin if i said i wasn't an idiot. i'd be lyin if I said I didn't search every part of town for ya. I'd b---"

"I swear to Asgore....... Sans, I get it." She says giggling a little. "But do you think we can really work through this? I mean I know we've been through a lot, but this is something a lot harder. We've never gotten into an argument before."

"the harder it is to overcome, the stronger the bond will be afterwards, as long as we work through it. please, i wantcha to come home. i promise, i'll never ever let anything or anyone come between us. so please pup, come home." I say.

"You know Sans, you always were the only one that could convince me no matter what the situation was." She says climbing into the window and walking over to me.