Chapter 12

Tris POV

I wake up with a clear head. I try to move but when I do, a sharp pain tears at my side. I let out a small groan, but loud enough for Tobias to wake up.

"You okay?" He asks, rubbing his eyes.

"Yeah. Just hurt to move."

"Let me help." He says. He slips an arm under my back and I puch myself up. It doesn't hurt so bad, it just hurts. I reat my head against the headboard. I remember the time when I almost got thrown into the chasm by Peter and Tobias took me here and did the exact sams thing. I smile.

"What are you thinking about?" He asks.

"The time you saved my life," I say. He leans in and kisses me softly. After a minute I pull away and he pouts.

"Come on Toby, we have initiates to train." I say.

"Alright Trissy," He says in a little kid voice. I go into the bathroom and turn on the hot water. Tobias knocks and asks for permission in to use the bathroom. I allow it.

"Can you help with my shirt?" I ask. He nods and comes up behind me and grabs the hem of my shirt. He slowly pulls it over my head and places it on the toilet seat. I turn around and thank him with a kiss.

I strip the rest of my clothes in front of him, but with my back facing him. I can tell he's staring at my butt.

"Enjoying the view Toby?" I say. I step into the shower and peek my head out. He's standing there with his eyes wide and his jaw dropped.

"Come on, you're gonna catch flies," I say. He snaps back to reality.

"Hard to believe you were abnegation," He says. I let the hot water run down my body, stinging in some places where I guess I got cut. A few minutes later, I'm done and Tobias takes a shower. I brush my teeth and hair and go into the bedroom. I put on some black skinny jeans, a dark purple v-neck, and the necklace Tobias gave me. I pull on my black combat boots just as Tobias finishes his shower. We trade places yet again so I can do my make up.

I put on a little bit of eyeliner on something called my 'waterline' and some mascara. I then put on some neutral metallic-ey eyeshadow and walk out. Tobias seems to be done.

"Ready handsome?" I ask.

"Of course, beautiful," He says. He kisses the top of my head and we walk out.

We get to the table we sit at and grab a muffin and some water. Zeke reminds us about the party tonight, and we have our normal conversations about useless things until Tobias and I have to leave. We make our way to the training room and set up the knives. Once all the initiates file in, we start.

"Okay," I start." Today you will be learning how to throw a knife. We-" I get cut off by Jack.

"Why do we need to know how to throw a knife?" He says.

"Oh, I don't know just in case some jack ass decides to piss you off, you know how to kill them." I say walking towards Jack scaring him. His eyes widen and he surrenders. I turn back around.

"As I was saying," I say and eye Jack with the death glare," We will be throwing knives a targets. I'll show you how." I say turning to face the target. I explain how to stand, how to aim, and how to throw. The first knife lands dead center in the middle of the board. I turn back to the initiates.

"What, not impressed enough?" I say, covering my eyes with my free hand. I throw the next one and it hits right next to the other knife. I turn back again and they are jaw dropped.

"Get to work." I say and head towards the table. Tobias follows me and he sits down on the table next to me.

"Damn it Six, I think you actually scared the pee out of Jack." He says.