Chapter 27

Tris POV 

Tobias and I walk hand in hand down the road to my parent's house. It feels weird calling it my parent's house. It used to be mine. I wonder if they kept mine and Caleb's rooms the same.

We find the pathway to my parent's house and walk towards the door. I knock three times on the door and squeeze Tobias's hand. I'm excited, but nervous to see my dad.

The door opens and my dad stands in the doorway.

"Beatrice?" He asks.

"Hi dad," I reply, smiling. A smile breaks out on his face and I hug him.

Once we pull away, he looks at me.

"It's nice to see you honey," He says, his hands on my shoulders. He turns to Tobias and shakes his hand.

"Nice to see you too Four," He says.

"You too sir," Tobias replies. My dad steps out ot the doorway so we can come in. I walk into the kitchen and find my mom setting the table.

"Mom," I say. She turns around and I hug her, and her big stomach. "How are you?"

"Good honey, how are you?" She asks.

"Good," I say. Tobias walks in the kitchen.

"Hi Four, how are you?" She asks.

"I'm fine, Mrs.Prior. How are you?" He asks.

"Great," She says, waddling to the cupboard.

"Please, join us for lunch," My mom offers. Tobias and I sit at the table and my mother and father serve us chicken sandwiches.

"So, how are things at dauntless?" My mom asks.

"Good, How's the baby?" I reply.

"Good, it's been 6 months," She says, smiling at my dad. He smiles back.

"Do you know the gender?" Tobias asks.

"It's a boy," My dad says, smiling.

"That's great, have you guys decided on a name?" I ask.

"Well, we would like to name Noah." My mom says.

"That's great. I'm happy for you guys," I say smiling.

We spend lunch talking about anything, trying not to make it awkward. When Tobias and I came over for dinner three months ago, My dad was a little stunned with the wedding idea. He doesn't like the fact I'm marrying a traitor. Hopefully he has come over it.

"So, Four, why did you leave Abnegation?" My dad asks Tobias.

"Andrew," My mom says.

"Dad," I say sternly, hinting he doesn't want to talk about it.

"Tris, it's okay. I don't mean to offend you, Mr. Prior, but it's kind of personal, my apologies," Tobias says, looking down. I walk to him and rub his shoulders slightly. I glare at my dad.

"I'm sorry Four, I didn't mean to re open closed wounds," My dad says.

"It's okay Mr.Prior. I'm alright," Tobias says. I sit down and grab his hand under the table, rubbing his calloused knuckles.

"So, when is your wedding?" My mom asks.

"We planned on doing it valentine's day next year," I say, smiling at Tobias.

"That sounds like a great idea," My dad says.

"Do you think you guys will be able to come?" I ask.