Chapter 48

Here's a long one... over 2000 words! FOLLOW @THEFAULTINOURSTIFFS ON INSTAGRAM THANKS KISSES :*

Tobias POV

Our first two weeks with Ellie have been wonderful. She sleeps like an angel and she can't be anymore adorable.

Except that she's crying at six in the morning.

"You go," Tris says. I slide out of bed and drag myself to Ellie's room. Her small face is red and streaked with tears. And it smells.

"Little Ellie has a dirty diaper?" I ask. She continues to cry as I lift her out of her crib and onto the changing table. I hand her the duck toy and try to distract her. She is still crying.

I slowly remove her onesie- baby pink with white polka dots- and throw it to the side. Ellie's small belly is pale, yet adorably chubby. I poke it and she smiles, still red faced.

I place a clean diaper under the dirty one- a trick Christina taught me- and remove the bad one. After the little situation is fixed, Ellie has herself occupied with her duck toy, staring at it wide eyed.

I grab an outfit I personally like- a small white onesie with a little dauntless flame in the middle of the chest. I slip on soft yellow pants over it, the yellow matching the flames. I even add a small yellow headband.

"My little fighter," I say. Ellie swings her duck toy around as I place her soft, small frame in my arms. I peck her nose.

I walk back into my room with Ellie, placing her in front of Tris's face.

"Wakey wakey mommy, Ellie's hungry," I say, placing Ellie in front of Tris. She laughs, making Tris smile.

"Come here," Tris says, taking Ellie from my arms. She pulls her shirt down far enough for, well you know.

"I honestly don't care," She says. I laugh and slide in next to her, pecking her cheek.

"We did good with this one, Four," She says.

"You got that right, Six," I reply. She kisses me. I grab the burping rag and let Tris burp her. She only spits up once, which is good.

As Ellie starts to fall asleep, Tris and I make space for her between both of us and lie her on her back. She falls asleep fast.

She looks peaceful sleeping. Her soft eyes closed, blocking the beautiful blue color. Her tiny nose turned up, and her small lips pursed. Her chubby cheeks add to the cuteness.

Tris places her small hand on Ellie's stomach and I place mine over it. We fall asleep like that.

XXPAGE BREAKXX

Tris POV

I'm sitting on the floor playing with Ellie and Tobias is making lunch when the door flies open.

"Tris I missed my period," Christina shouts from the doorway.

"Thanks for the info, Chris," Tobias says.

"Sorry," Christina says. She walks over to me and sits on the floor next to me.

"I need a pregnancy test, I have none," She says. I stand up with Ellie in my arms and head to the bathroom as Christina follows. I grab the test out from under my sink and hand her one.

"Know what to do?" I ask. She nods and I leave. I sit on the couch with Ellie and bounce her on my knee.

"What the hell," Tobias says, handing me a sandwich and sitting next to me.

"Language," I say.

"Sorry. What the heck?" I laugh.

"She needed a pregnancy test," I say.