Chapter 38

Sorry for all the page breaks... I want details, but not too much...

Tris POV

Tobias wanted to do something extraordinary for our first anniversary. I just turned twenty last week and now it's valentine's day.

He told me to dress in jeans and a nice top. I guess what we're doing requires pants, not dresses. So, I put on my skinny black jeans, a loose purple top, and my black flats. I straighten my hair and let it fall loose. My make up is simple, white eyeshadow and some pink lip gloss with little eyeliner and mascara.

I slipped on my wedding ring and my necklace. I've never worn jewelry in abnegation before, but they hold so much sentimental value.

I watch as Tobias buttons his navy blue shirt, and leaves one open at the top. His black pants match the color of his shoes. His hair has gotten longer, not abnegation short anymore.

As i link hands with Tobias, I smile. I love him, and I always will.

He takes me to a steak house, which, as he said, is casual yet fancy. We order amazing steaks and they were beyond what I've ever tasted.

"Ready for the real suprise?" He asks me, as we stand from the dinner table.

"Sure," I say. He grabs my hand and leads me towards the train tracks. I have no idea where this is going.

Once we jump on, I cuddle close to Tobias. We decide to start a remember when game.

"Remember when you almost killed me with the knives?" I say.

"Remember when we went into my fear landscape?" He replies.

"Remember when we made out on the train?"

"Like this?" He presses his lips to mine so intensly it's face battling. I'm pretty sure my lip gloss is all over his lips.

"We have to get off now," He says, right as I trace his tattoos. I have them memorized by now.

We stand and jump off, right about the same spot we got off for capture the flag...

We run past the carousel to the ferris wheel.

"Yay!" I shriek. We start climbing, me in front, Tobias behind. Once we reach the first platform, we sit side by side, looking at the stars. He breathes heavily.

"Deep breath, come on," I say. We take deep breaths together until he calms down a bit.

"Here," Tobias says turning around. He takes his phone out and turns on a flashlight, shining it on the huge metal slab holding the ferris wheel up from the center. Where the flashlight shines, it says 4+6 inside of a heart written in black marker. My eye tears at the sight.

"I wrote this right after I proposed. I forgot about it until last week. I wanted to show you it," He says. A tear spills over my eye and plummets to the ground. I smile and kiss him. Softly. And it feels like home.

"Well," I say, grabbing a marker I suprisingly had in my purse. "Let's add this," I say. I write Tris and Tobias, forever and always around the bottom. He smiles in the moonlight.

"I am in love with you," He says.

"And I am in love with you too," I say. We climb back down and head home.

XXPAGE BREAKXX

(one year and a half years later, august)

I'm finally 21 and Tobias is 23. Christina and Will's daughter Dani is 1 and a half. I've babysat for them multiple times. I love Dani.