Chapter 69

Hello everyone! So I hate to be delaying the story but I went to this campground in connecticut and one of the cabins went on fire and we left and it's been a long week. Everyone's fine though, don't worry :). Anyway, I think my story is coming to an end. I am thinking a few more capters then an epilogue.

Tris POV

Marcus. Why didn't I think of that in the first place?

"I will kill him." Tobias says.

"No. It's impossible. If he did it, abnegation will forgive him. If you kill him, you'll be factionless. Please, don't." I say. He sighs, feeding Ellie a bottle.

"We should at least prove your father not guilty." Tobias says. I nod.

"How?" I ask.

XXPAGE BREAKXX

I paced the floor as my mom was speaking to an abnegation official. Tobias is sitting down and we left Ellie with Christina and Will.

Finally, the door opens and my mother steps out into the hallway.

"So?" I ask.

"They're putting your father on trial at candor, but he'll survive that." She says. I nod, releaving a sigh.

"Did you tell them about Marcus?" I ask. She shakes her head.

"Even if I do, it's not worth it. Abnegation wouldn't kick anyone out of their faction." She says. My fists clench so that my nails dig into my palms.

"I swear I will-" I start, but am cut off by Tobias.

"Tris, he can't hurt us." He says. I roll my eyes and make my way ot the door about to head off to candor.

XXPAGE BREAKXX

Once they put my father on the serum, they asked him simple questions before they got to the heavy stuff.

"Okay now Andrew, do you recall stealing money from abnegation?" Leader Jack Kang asks.

"No, I never did." My dad answers. My fists clench tighter and tighter.

"Would you happen to know who did?"

"No, but I have strong feelings it was Marcus Eaton." He says. The room full of candor gasp.

"Marcus Eaton?" Jack asks. My father nods.

"He is rude to my family and did this for revenge." My father answers. Inside my head I'm jumping up and down.

"Thank you for your honesty Andrew." Jack says. The rest of the room mutters the same words in monotone, 'thank you for your honesty'.

I let out a breath. My fists unclench. Marcus is guilty, my father is free. It's over. It's done. We're safe.

BLEH TOO SHORT. Okay so new chapters to come, not much left doe :(. But I have been spending a lot of time on a TFIOS fanfic :) :) :) :) that you can all enjoy :)