Chapter 18

Hey guys! Hope you're liking the book so far. See if you can notice the lyrics in this chapter. The first to get it will win a shoutout from me! Both the song and the artist.

Tris POV

Things have gotten back to normal. It's a few days after the night we had the bonfire and Tobias and I gradually became ourselves again. 

I kiss Tobias on the nose.

"Wakey wakey little Toby." I say in my best 5 year old impression.

"Can't you let me sleep Trissy?" He asks. I kiss him on the lips and he immedietly kisses back. I pull away and jump out of bed.

"Hah! That got you up." I say.

"I'm gonna get you six." He says and jumps out of bed. I run towards the kitchen but I'm stopped by Tobias throwing me over his shoulder. He charges back to the bed and places me on it. He then kisses me on the lips.

"I wanted to finish what we started." He says. I smile.

"Come on babe we have work today." I say. I go into the bathroom to shower. Once I'm done, I dress in black leggings, a loose purple top, and combat boots. My hair is in a ponytail and I have a little mascara on with eyeliner.

Tobias comes out in dark jeans and a dark blue shirt. He grabs my hand.

"Breakfast?" I ask.

"Sure." He says. We walk hand in hand to the cafeteria and sit at our table. I grab a muffin.

"Hey look it's my two favorite numbers." Marlene says. I laugh. I go to get a cup of coffee and sadly Peter is there.

"Stiff." Peter mutters.

"Shut up."

"I don't take orders from stiffs." He turns around and walks across the cafeteria. I grab a butter knife and follow him. Once I'm about 10 feet away, I throw it and it lands right in front of his face and sticks into the wall. The room falls silent.

"I don't know if you realized Peter, but I ranked first in initiation. I'm no stiff anymore." I say getting up in his face.

"I don't give a shit about you. You're just a weak little stiff who I saw crying about her dead little baby-" He says. I slam my fist into his jaw.

"You know what Peter, after all you put me through, you think I despise you. But in the end, I want to thank you, cause you made me that much stronger." I say. I punch him again and walk back to my table. Everybody cheers and I blush.

"That's my girl, tough as nails." Tobias says and scoots me closer. I have no guilt for doing that.

After 10 more minutes of eating and talking, Tobias and I leave to go to work. He walks me to the tattoo parlor and I give him a kiss goodbye.

"See you at lunch babe." I say.

"Until then," He says, grabbing my hand and kissing it. I laugh and he does too.

"Hey Tris! How are you?" Tori says hugging me.

"I'm doing great thanks. How are you?" I ask.

"Good, now let's get started. There is someone here and I wanted to see if you wanted to do her."

"Sure." I say. Turns out it is one of my initiates, Grace.

"Hey Grace!" I say. Ever since initiation I've liked her. She's like a little me.

"Hi Tris." She says. I sit down next to her and she hands me a piece of paper. It says 'Noah' with a small heart next to it.

"Can I get it here?" She asks, pointing to her hip right above her jeans.