Chapter 57

SORRY FOR THE DELAY MY FRIENDS!

Tris POV

Tobias and I were dead asleep until we heard Ellie's cry. I got up and trudged into her room. It's midnight.

"Ellie," I coo, lifting her out of her crib. She's coughing.

"Let's go back-" I am interrupted by her throwing up all over my chest. It drips down.

"Tobias!" I shout. He runs inside and turns on the light.

"Oh," He says. I hand him Ellie, who has vomit on herself, and take my shirt off. I'm only in a bra and underwear now.

"Nice," Tobias says. I roll my eyes. I grab a towel and wrap Ellie in it, hoping it will clear the vomit. She's still crying, louder than usual.

I place her small frame on the changing table and wipe her down with the towel. She throws up again.

"Tris, she needs a bath," Tobias says.

"Just, run the bathtub, get washcloths, some toys, soap, towels, anything." I say, just as she spits up again. I wipe it off her. Her cries are now wails. I don't blame her. If I were covered in my own vomit, i'd be grossed out too.

It takes Tobias only a minute to gather everything. We meet in the bathroom and I place Ellie near the sink. Tobias hands me a bucket, which I place near Ellie's head. Her arms are swinging wildly and her face is red and tear streaked.

"I know sweetie," I say, brushing her hair with my fingers. It's not long, but still a tiny patch.

"Done," Tobias says. He filled the bathtub up a few inches with warm water. Ellie throws up again, landing some in the bucket. We've never given Ellie a bath, but it shouldn't be that hard.

"Okay," I say. I hand Ellie to Tobias as I wipe down the bathroom counter.

"Let's do this," I say. I place Ellie in the bathtub slowly, starting with her feet. She immedietly kicks, splashing water on Tobias and I. Tobias moves out puke bucket into the bathtub, just in case.

I put some liquid soap on a tiny pink washcloth and wet it. I wipe the crook of her neck, her chest, her armpits, everywhere. I think the puke's lessened.

"Look at the froggy," I say, waving a small plastic frog in her face. She quiets down and distracts herself with the frog, holding it in her small hands.

"Flabt," She says. Tobias and I laugh. Tobias shampoos the small amout of hair on her head. His hands are huge compared to her head.

We try our best to not get soap in her eyes and it works.

"Pleth," She says. I chuckle as I wash the soap off her body. She farts, sending a small bubble to the water's surface. Tobias and I double over in laughter.

"Ack!" She says, clapping her hands. We laugh even harder. Ellie then figured out how to splash, getting water over Tobias and I.

"She has your sense of humor," I say to Tobias. He kisses my forehead.

"And your beauty," He says. I blush as Tobias drains the water. I lie a towel on the toilet seat and lift Ellie up, placing her on her back in the towel. I wrap her in it, warming and drying her. She's getting tired, I can tell.

"Ready for bed?" I ask. She coughs, though I think she's alright. I bring her into her bedroom and lie her on the changing table. Tobias cleans the puke around the room as I grab pajamas. Small black plain ones.

"Bedtime baby," I say. I dry her off one last time and slip her in a diaper. I then put her in her pajamas as she stares at me, wide eyed.

I kiss her nose, making her smile a little. She's gotten little teeth heads, not fully grown in yet.

I don't want to put her in her bed. I shut her lights and grab her duck and head into my room. I slide in, placing her on her back in the middle of the bed. She plays with her duck as I lie on my side, watching her.

A couple of minutes later, Tobias comes in. He slide in next to Ellie and kiss her forehead. He kisses my nose and faces me. He plays with her damp hair as Ellie gets more and more tired.

"I brought a towel to put on her, just in case," Tobias says, laying the towel on Ellie as a blanket.

"Good," I say. We drift off together, just Me, Tobias, and Ellie.