Chapter 32

I walk up to the Erudite doors. I could just turn around, and forget everything. Instead, I pull on the double doors.

I walk up to the front desk, where a man is typing things on his computer.

"Excuse me?" I ask. He holds up his finger.

"I need to-" He cuts me off.

"Hold on," He says. I slam my fist on the counter.

"I said, I need to see Jeanine," I say. He looks stunned, then realizes who I am.

"Beatrice Prior?" He asks. I nod. He calls over a few Erudite, and they take out their guns, pointing them at me.

"Woah, I didn't know you guys knew how to use a gun. What book did you get the instructions from?" I mock. Their faces look puzzled.

"Okay," I say.

"This way," One of them says. I follow. They take me to an elevator and I walk in. The elevator goes up high, and we walk out to what I assume is Jeanine's office.

"Ah, Miss Prior," Her cold evil voice says. "I'm glad you came, I mean, you did sacrafice yourself for your family in your fear landscape right?" She asks. I get really confused. How did she know about that?

"I looked over your aptitude results," She says.

"How did you get to those?" I ask. She laughs slowly.

"I made the test," She says, like I didn't know.

"You know, I have access to the aptitude results, and I found it suprising that yours had to be manually recorded, is that true?" She asks. I shake my head.

"Oh, well then we'll just have to do some more tests, then we can execute you, in about three weeks," She says. I shatter inside. She's treating me like a piece of trash.

"Oh, and one more thing, someone is willing to help me with this project, bring him in," She says. Suddenly, someone walks through the door, and I'd recognize his face anywhere else.

"Caleb?!" I yell. I charge at him, but the 'guards' hold me back.

"What the hell?" I scream. He looks upset, but I see nothing but a traitor in him.

"Guards, bring Miss Prior to her room," She says. I walk out of the room, so upset. I can't cry, I'll look weak. I'll talk to Tobias when I get to my room. The guards shove me into a cell, and lock the door. I collapse on the bed and cry a little. I had no idea my brother was so cold hearted.

I grab the small bug-microphone from my pocket. I pretend to lay on the pillow, in case there's security cameras. There's another piece in my ear, letting me hear whatever Tobias is saying. Will got Cara to get her one.

"Tobias?" I whisper into the microphone. He lets out a sigh.

"Good you're okay. I heard a little of what was going on, are you alright?" He asks. I sob.

"No," I say. I wish he was here with me, I would be in his arms, and he would be here. I miss that already.

"It's okay Tris, just let me know when you can't do it anymore. We have Zeke and Uriah around the erudite building now, staying there for a while incase you need immediate saving. Remember the plan, in one week, we'll get you out," He says. I begin to calm down.

"Okay," I whisper.

"That's my brave little Tris," He says. I smile.

"I miss you," I say.

"I miss you too, see you in one week," He says. I place the microphone back in my pocket. I wish he was here. I want to kiss him so badly. I want the feeling of his warm lips on mine, giving me comfort. I fall asleep, dreaming about Tobias and I.