Chapter 54

SORRY FOR THE SHORT CHAPTER!! I had a question anyway... Are my chapters too long? or would you like them a little shorter? I usually do about 1500 words per chapter, maybe more. I can do 1000, easier for me, and there will be times where i'll do more, less, blah blah blah. LOL hope you like it :)

Tris POV

I wake in a hospital room. Great. There's an IV in my arm and a sleeping Tobias next to me. It takes a lot of strength to nudge him.

"Tobias," I croak. His eyes flutter open.

"Tris," He says, rubbing his eyes, then grabbing my hand.

"You okay?" He asks. I nod slightly.

"I'm so sorry," He says.

"You did nothing,"

"I should've known." He says.

"He says he sent you letters. Is that true?" I ask. He looks down.

"You lied," I whisper.

"I didn't mean to,"

"Really?" I question.

"I don't think it's that big a deal," He says. 

"Kind of,"

"They meant nothing,"

"You could have told me he was trying to reach you!" I say. We look eachother in the eyes, trying to figure out eachother's secrets. 

"Tobias, what kind of relationship do we have without honesty?" I say.

"I should have told you." He says. We stare in silence.

"I'm sorry," He says. I take a deep breath.

"It's okay. Next time tell me," I say. 

"Can I get you anything? You need to eat," He says. I nod.

"Just a muffin," I say. He nods and leaves the room. He returns a few minutes later with two muffins.

"Here," He says, handing me one.

"Thanks," I say.

"Are you feeling better?" He asks. I nod.

"Better now," I say, grabbing his hand. He smiles at me.

"Our little friend has been wanting to see you," He says. I chuckle.

"Can I see her?" I ask. He nods as he runs out of the room. He returns with a crying Ellie in his arms.

"Ellie," I say as Tobias hands me her. He places her small frame in my arms. She has a small red face and tears run down her face. I wipe them away.

"How is she?" I ask.

"Fine. Just underfed. They had her on IV for a little while. I fed her a bottle from the fridge and Christina had her."

"How long was I out?" I ask.

"10 hours," He says. I nod. Ellie starts to quiet down and closes her eyes.

"The doctors said you can go home once you feel stable," He says. I nod.

"I'm stable," I say.

"Alright," He answers. A nurse comes in and takes out my IV and Tobias and I leave.

We got home safely, not like it was too far from the hospital. I feel extremely tired.

"I'm gonna go to bed," I say.

"Alright," Tobias says. He puts Ellie to bed while I slide into bed. I close my eyes, but am awakened by Tobias sliding in next to me. He wrapshis arms around me, holding my back close to his chest. I hold his arm as best I could.

"I love you Tris," He says.

"I love you Tobias," I say. We drift off to sleep together.