Chapter 2

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING! I HOPE YOU ALL ENJOY IT SO FAR. I'LL DEFINETLY TRY TO UPDATE 2-3 TIMES A WEEK, JUST SO I CAN GET MORE DONE AND MAKE IT BETTER FOR YOU ALL. HERE'S PART TWO OF MY STORY. ENJOY!

I wake up to my alarm, which rings at 8 in the morning. We have to be at the chasm by 8:45, so I figured I would have a nice, relaxing breakfast before we have to choose our jobs.

I get up out of bed and head to the bathroom. I brush my teeth and get dressed, and take a long look at myself in the mirror.

I don't see the girl from abnegation; I don't see the girl with timid eyes, examining myself in the mirror the times that we are able to. I don't see the small, thin girl wearing baggy, huge gray clothing. I see a small, narrow, muscular girl, with a little flare in her eyes. I see tight black clothes and bravery.

I don't see Beatrice, I see Tris.

After the long examination of myself, I head back to the dormitory to pack for my apartment.

Once I get in there, Christina starts to wake up. She notices me and says, "Hey" followed by a long yawn. She gets up and walks out the door. Her daily routine; she wakes up, hobbles out of bed to the bathrooms, then comes back like a happy little kid.

I continue to pack until she gets back.

"Breakfast?" She says.

"Yeah, just let me finish packing." I reply. I finish putting the rest of my clothes in the box that Eric gave us. I grab the eyeliner Christina made me buy during initiation and put it in my box. I remember getting one of my first tattoos after that. I remember Al. I feel greif creeping up my throat and I swallow it back down. I leave the box on my bed and follow Christina out the door.

"So, You never told me about you and Four." Christina says.

"Oh, yeah. Um..." I said.

"What? Do you not wanna talk about it?"

"No, I just, never talked about a relationship because I've never been in one."

"Oh. Well, that's okay. Let me know when you find the right words." She says, and following it is a nice genuine friendly smile.

I smile back. I'm glad I get to have a friend like Christina.

"I always thought that when someone falls in love, it would be like a fairy tale. I guess that's not what happens, but you still feel it." She says.

"I don't know about you Christina but I had Abnegation fairy tales."

"Oh. Well, usually a Princess would meet a Prince and they would fall in love and live happily ever after."

I remember fairy tales. My mother would read them to me and my brother when we were little. It was about princesses and princes and their lives seemed perfect. My mother always read books that were written by abnegation. The characters in the book were always selfless. But, the thought of my mother makes me feel a pang in my stomach. I miss home just a little, but I am not Abnegation anymore. I am Dauntless.

Once we get to the dining hall, we grab a plate of toast, jelly, and find a table. I am not that hungry. My stomach is filled with excitement and cake from last night.

As I make my way across the dining hall, I spot Tobias, but we don't make eye contact. I wonder if he still doesn't want anyone to know about us.

We sit down and i start at my toast. "So what job are you going to choose?" I ask Christina.

"I think I'd like a job like Four's. Training initiates and scaring the living daylights out of them." She says. I let out a little laugh." How about you?" She says.

"I can't decide between tattoo artist and control room. I'd like both jobs." I say.

"Have you thought about being a leader in training? You'd be a good leader." She says.

"Yeah. I just don't think I can handle all that responsibility. And Christina, isn't being an initiate trainer a voulenteer? I think you need a real job."

"Really? Maybe I'll work in the clothing store. Giving people opinions on what to wear and how they look. Cause you know, I'm great at giving opinions." She says with a wink.

Will walks in, his hair tousled, yawning. He spots us and heads over to our table.

Once he sits down, Christina says, "Hey Will, why do you look so tired?" and she reaches for his hand and he takes it. "I don't know. I just couldn't sleep last night. Maybe I had too much cake." He says. We all let out a small laugh, but it dies down quickly.

I see Tobias walking towards me and slides next to me. "Can I borrow you?" He whispers. I nod. "I'll see you guys at the chasm." I say, and Christina starts to smrik. I get up with Tobias and walk out of the dining hall. He takes me into the hallway.

I walk behind him until he stops. He turns to me.

"Hey." He says.

"Hey." I say.

"I tried to find you last night, but I couldn't get out of the crowd." he says, reaching for my hand. I slide mine into his.

"That's okay. Will, Christina, and I did something." I say, leaning against the wall mirroring Tobias.

"I wanted to know," he says, "what job you're thinking of."

"I was leaning toward tattoo artist. What do you think?" I say.

"I think that's great." he says. He then kisses me between my eyebrows. When he pulls back, he smiles. I smile back and blush a little.

"Ready to go?" he says.

I nod, and we walk hand in hand towards the chasm.