chapter 21

Here's a new chapter. hope you like it. please vote, comment. thanks for reading.

Dropping the last of my stuff, at the couch. I had to make multiple trips to get everything in. Locking the door, I put away the food I bought, but left out a frozen pizza, throwing it in the oven, while I put everything else away.

"Hey Lilith. What are you up to?" She jumped on the counter and started playing with the box from the pizza.

I grabbed the box and put it in the recycling, and she swatted me with her paw.

"Hey don't do that. Come on, down you go." I pushed her off the counter and took the food out of the oven. I ate while I put my supplies away, and picked out the shoes I'm planning on wearing. I decided to wear my brown boots, they go perfectly with the dress, and look like there from that time period. Grabbing a towel I stepped into the shower, trying to get over my encounter with Cormac. He didn't do anything, but I know he wanted to.

"Be calm my dear. He will not hurt you. If he does, then he will have to deal with me. We will not be hurt by him ever again. You are a queen, never forget that."

She's right, I am queen he has to do whatever I say, not the other way around.

"What if he knows about my being queen? Perhaps that's why he wants me. So he can be king. But that will never happen. I will die before I let that happen."

"It will not ever come to that my queen. Now your man will be here soon, we need to get you ready."

"I know, and your right, this will be the best night we will have had in a while."

I said, turning off the water, I stepped out, and as usual Lilith is sitting on the back of the toilet. "You know I don't like it when you do that." She blinked and followed me out to my room, turning on my music as I went to my room. Wrapping my hair in a towel, I grabbed what little makeup and hair stuff I have, and stood in front of my mirror, getting to work.

After an hour, I dried and straitened my hair and put on some makeup. Standing in a light nightgown, I don't look half bad, I stepped into my dress, and did it up.

It was a little big, but a little tug, and some stitching, I got it to fit perfectly.

Wearing this dress; I am instantly transported back in time; walking through the woods, in my bare feet; flying through the air at night. Then it happened, that night; when my life virtually ended, until now.

"Everything will be fine Shayla. You look wonderful. Now hurry, look at the clock."

It's 5:30 I only have a half an hour, to finish getting ready. Grabbing my jewellery, I fastened my necklace just as there's a knock at my door.

Walking out, I opened it. Quinn is standing there, looking very handsome. "You're early. Come on in." I said moving aside, so he can come in.

"You look beautiful my princess."

Closing the door, he's standing there; staring at me.

He's dressed as Aragon from what was it, the lord of the rings movies, and he looks very handsome, complete with sword at his side. "I just need to finish up. Make yourself at home. I won't be a moment."

I said stepping into my room. Putting on my headdress, I made sure it's sitting right, and put everything else on.

"I'll be out in a second." "Take your time." He called. As I stepped into my boots and walked out.

"Well what do you think?" I asked, as he turned to me. He gaped, looking me up and down. "You look amazing! But I think you're missing a little something, close your eyes."

He motioned for me to turn around, eyes closed. He set some-thing on my face, and it tightened.

"There now you're ready. You can open your eyes." Looking in the mirror he set a simple gold mask over my eyes.

Gold paisley patterns going across it. He has one as well, his is silver.

"We need to get going." I nodded, he took my hand, and led me down the stairs. The sky has cleared; and the moon is bright, as we walked down the street.

"Tell me something. Why were you at the shop?" I asked as we approached the center where there holding the ball.

"I had to make some things for tonight." "I would have helped you, you know. All you had to do was ask."

"It didn't take me very long, and you needed the day off." I nodded, but didn't say anything.

We resumed walking, I kept looking at him, and I still can't believe he did that for me. He should have talked to me

"He wanted you to rest, after everything you have gone through. So do not be mad at him for it. He cares for you, I can see that he does."

I know she's right, but I would have felt better; if he asked me to help him. He squeezed my hand, and came to a dead stop again. "What is it? What's wrong?"

Looking ahead, Cormac is standing at the corner staring at us. He's dressed as a vampire. He look utterly ridiculous, in it. Quinn put his hand on his sword, his other hand tightening around mine.

He smiled, showing fangs, and walked away, not saying a word to either one of us. "That was close." He relaxed a little, but didn't let go of my hand. "Come on we should go." And we resumed walking.