chapter 59

Chapter 59

After we cleaned up from breakfast, which was amazing. Waffles, fruit sausages, hash browns, and juice. The girls and I did the dishes while Quinn checked the bird.

After we got the last dish done, Quinn said. "So we still have a few hours till the bird is done, so let's head into the den." Taking my hand, we left the kitchen, walking into the den. Since I never really celebrated Christmas, the girls informed me that someone hands out the gifts.

So we elected Tina, and settled down on the couch and chair. We started with stockings, Quinn had told me you do them first; I had put them together for everyone. The girls got things like makeup; some jewellery, and things. Watching them open them, this is something I haven't had for so long, it's nice to see it.

"Thank you Shayla." They all kept saying as they unwrapped everything.

Quinn got up occasionally to check on the turkey.

Handing out gifts, I got the girls clothes mostly, a cd here; and some makeup there, and they did the same for me and Quinn.

Grabbing a large box from beside me I handed it to Quinn. "You didn't have to do this." Opening it, he pulled out the leather jacket I got for him. Pulling it out of the box, he tried it on; it fits him perfectly.

Pulling me up, he wrapped me in his now leather clad arms. "Thank you I love it." "You look great in it, Just like I pictured you would."

Moving back, he gave me a sweet slow kiss, seeming to last forever. Moving back, we looked at the girls who are sitting there smiling at the two of us.

"What are two looking at?" I said sitting down pulling Quinn along with me. Neither one of them said a word to us, as we continued with our morning.

At about three o-clock the four of us went into the kitchen and started making our Christmas dinner. I told the girls to wash up and told them what to start to do. "Lisa you do the potatoes, Tina you do carrots and I will do the stuffing."

They nodded and we got to work.

Dinner is well under way, I started setting the table. Mia had a lovely set of Christmas dishes, them along with the dripping candles and a few other things to decorate the table with. Walking into the kitchen, I said. "Everything is all, ready out there. How are things in here?"

Quinn is just carving the turkey Lisa and Tina are scooping things food into bowls.

"We are almost ready here." Quinn said, washing his hands. "Let's head out there." All of us carrying bowls out to the dining room; mashed potatoes, carrots peas and corn. "Tina say grace for us would you?" She nodded, said a lovely grace, and we passed around the bowls filling our plates.

"So I can't take it anymore, what has Cormac done to you, that you hate him so much?" Quinn and I looked at each other, then at her. "We knew each other when we were younger, as you know, and things went badly, as you also know."

I said looking down at my plate.

"When I came here, and found him; I thought it was a sign that we could start over. But quickly I realized it was not going to happen, and things have gone very wrong now, and I think it's going to get worse before it gets any better." "I am so sorry Shayla, I had no idea." Lisa said taking my hand. "I had no idea it was like that." "I don't like to talk about it."

"I understand completely. Now enough about Cormac. Let us put him behind us. Raise your glass. A toast. To Shayla and Quinn. Thank you for opening your home to us, when we had nowhere else to go. Cheers."

We all clinked our glasses and continued on with our conversations.

)R