chapter 26

Sorry for the late update. Hope you enjoy. thanks for reading. please vote, comment. love you all.

Walking through the door, we're instantly hit by the smell of turkey. "You go on in, I have to go up and change." "Okay, is it okay to just go on back?" "Yeah, just make some kind of noise when you do, so you don't scare her." "Okay." She went to the kitchen, while I ran upstairs, to quickly get ready for dinner. Setting the box in the fridge, I had a quick shower, and for some reason, the cat decided she was going to join me, which she usually hates water.

"Perhaps she's feeling lonesome. We have been gone quite a bit lately."

Sighing, I let her join me. After I dried her off and made myself presentable.

Picking my black tights, a little dress I've been holding onto, its knee length, dark purple with leather stitching going around the waist, in a type of belt, paring it with a pair dressy flats. I dried my hair, and pulled it into a side braid and put on some light makeup.

Grabbing Lilith, we made our descent down to the main level, setting her down; we walked to the kitchen.

Walking past the dining room, the table is set beautifully; dripping waxed candles, black and gold china dishes. Everything is beautiful.

Stepping into the kitchen, Mia and Lisa are busy finishing up dinner. "Everything smells amazing." "Good you're here. We could use your help." Mia said, handing me an apron, so I don't get my clothes dirty. "Just tell me what you want me to do." "You can finish up the potatoes. There drained, they just have to be seasoned and mashed." "Done. By the way, you both look beautiful." "Thank you so do you." I started my potatoes, but there was a knock at the front door. "I wonder who that could be. Shayla get that please."

"Of course. Wiping off my hands, I went for the door, with Lilith right on my heels. Opening the door, Quinn is standing there, in a nice black suit.

"Quinn what are you doing here? Come on in." I moving aside, I let him come in.

"My plans changed, my aunt and Uncle told me there going somewhere else, so I came here. It's still alright isn't it?" "I'm sure it's fine. Come on back."

Following him to the kitchen, he's wearing a dark suit, pressed black pants, black jacket, dark red shirt, and dark red and blue tie. Stopping just before we get into the kitchen, he said.

"You look beautiful by the way." "Thank you. You don't look so bad yourself."

Stepping into the kitchen, I said. "Look what I found." "Quinn it is lovely to see you, but I thought you couldn't come." "Things changed. It's still an open invitation isn't it?" "Of course dear." "Thank you. I brought a bottle of wine." "Thank you. Since you're here, would you be our carver?" He nodded, taking off his jacket, and rolling up his sleeves to get started.

Mia handed him an apron that's bright pink, where as ours are black, I can't help but laugh and went back to my dish while he started carving the turkey.

Dropping in butter, milk garlic and pepper, I started mashing it, tasting it as I go, making sure it's just right.

Mia set out bowls for us, I dumped the mash in a bowl and started taking things out to the table.

"Well I think we're set. Everyone wash up and come to the dining room." She said, carrying out a couple bottles of wine. "Did she really just tell us to wash up?" Lisa asked folding her apron. "Yes she did, and from what I have heard, you do not want to cross her."

Quinn said washing his hands. I nodded at Lisa agreeing with Quinn and washed mine after him.

Drying off his hands, he looked down at Lilith. "Why does she look like that?"