Chapter 28

*Savannah's POV* After sitting on Josh's lap just like that for a long while, kissing under the stars with the busy city in the background you're interrupted by the sound of the rooftop door opening and footsteps approaching you. As you both untangle yourselves and look up you see Nicole standing there in her cute new 'Frozen' themed scrubs. "I'm really sorry to interrupt guys, but my shift ends really soon and I have to hook you up for treatment before I leave" she says to you. You know that Nicole's shift ends at 11. Josh didn't come back to the room until about 6:30 so that means you've been here with him for nearly four hours. It sure felt quick. Time flies when you're having fun... "Alright" you say, starting to stand up. Josh takes a hand off his wheel and says, "Just stay. I can bring you back down." "Are you sure?" you ask, secretly happy because you get weaker and weaker every day and it gets harder and harder to walk for long periods of time, "I don't wanna be too heavy." Josh kisses your jaw quickly right by his face, and then lets out an airy laugh, "Savannah I can't feel the lower half of my body you could weigh 500 pounds and it wouldn't be too heavy." and then you and Nicole both laugh and then Josh whispers just in your ear "You could never be too heavy anyway." You don't respond, but you're sure that your cheeks turn to a bright shade of pink. You, Josh, and Nicole go back down to the elevator and once you're traveling back down to your floor, Nicole says "So how was y'all's night?" You stay silent for a moment and wait to see if Josh is going to respond first, which he does, "I had a really good time. I uh, I hope Savannah did too." You turn your head so Josh can see your face, despite the fact that Nicole asked the question and you say "I had a really good time, too." Josh smiles, and Nicole says "I'm glad you both had a good night. Glad I could help." The elevator opens to your floor and Nicole says "I'll be in your room in a minute to help you into bed and hook you up for your treatment!" You and Josh nod and he wheels to your room, where you finally get off his lap. You lean down and kiss his cheek. "Thanks for the best night I have sad since I've been here." you tell him quietly. "It was my pleasure." You go to the small closet near your bed and get out some sweatpants and a tshirt, there's no way you're staying in that dress any longer. "You know I don't usually go home with guys after the first date," you say smirking at Josh and walking towards the bathroom, "but I can't really go anywhere else tonight." Josh laughs but then very seriously says "I promise I won't get the wrong idea." You go into the bathroom and change to sweats, and go back and lay down on your bed, looking towards Josh. "So does it like, hurt when you get your treatment or after or?" Josh questions and you say "Well the first hour or so it just hurts, my entire body just aches and It just feels like there's a thousand knives stabbing me. Then after that I just feel dizzy and nauseous, and then I get tired." "I'm really sorry.." Josh says, "that sounds really tough to go through." You just shrug it off, "It wouldn't be so bad if it was once a day." you say, "Or if it didn't have long term affects on my body, like.. loosing weight without trying or getting tired walking from here to the bathroom to change and come back. I don't know.. I shouldn't be venting so much, no body wants to hear about all this. I'm sorry." "Don't ever be sorry for something like that." Josh says, "Ever. When I said I was going to be here for you, I meant it. I'll always be here for you Savannah. Always."