Chapter 21

*Savannah's POV* You wake up to the sun streaming into your eyes from the window on Josh's side of the room. You bring one hand up to wipe your eyes and then you hear a scratchy, sexy morning voice say "Good morning" and look up. You realize you're still in Josh's bed, your head still resting on his chest in the same position as you fell asleep in last night. Shit. Shit ShitShit. You're in Josh Hutcherson's bed. Well... His hospital bed. But his bed nonetheless. This can't be happening. You're supposed to hate him. Why did you do that last night. No. You sit up quickly and mutter "morning" before sliding off of his bed and walking to the bathroom. How could you let yourself do that. How could you trust him. How could you let yourself fall asleep on his chest. How could you let your guard down. You splash some water on your face and take a few deep breaths, trying to calm down. You don't even like Josh as a person let alone anything more... Do you? I mean he has been nice.. and he did comfort you when you told him everything about your childhood and Rachel and your parents. And he did try and help when Raymond broke up with you... No nono. He doesn't like you. He could never like you. Who could like a girl who grew up bald, and is possibly going to be that way again. Who could like a girl without parents. Who could like a girl with cancer. Who could like a girl like you, when there's so many girls who would be happy to be with him, who would treat him right. There's no way Josh likes you, and there's no way you like him right.. After splashing your face with water again and drying it off, you walk out into the room, ready to ignore Josh just like you had the rest of the time you were roommates. As you walk out of the bathroom, Nicole walks in and says "Oh Goodmorning Savannah, How did you sleep last night?" She smiles mischievously at you, and gives you a look. You know she knows. She must've seen you this morning in Josh's bed. "I slept fine, is it time for my treatment?" you ask. "Yeah it is!" She responds as you lay down in bed and she hooks up the treatment on your IV.  You turn to your side and face the wall instead of Josh and try and deal with the pain of the treatment quietly. "Savannah are you okay? You sound like you're in pain." Josh says sweetly. "I AM in pain." you shoot back at him, "At least you can't feel pain in half of your body." Josh just simply says, "Did I do something wrong?" "No Josh, You did absolutely nothing wrong. You never have, never will." you spit back again. "You know what Savannah, you're right. I didn't. You're hiding behind that rude, angry, mean little girl again." Josh says, sounding a little bit angry, but more than that just hurt. "Why Do you even care Josh, why do you care so much." Josh sighs and does a nervous laugh. "Why Do I care so much?" he says, "I'll tell you why I care so much. I care because from the second I came in here I could see that there's an amazing girl inside this room with me. Because from the second I met you I couldn't stop thinking about you. About your long soft hair, your bright blue eyes that shine brighter than the stars at night. The way you look naturally beautiful cooped up in a hospital with sweatpants and your hair tied. The way you have to go through treatment every day, but you do it like a fighter, when most people would do nothing but complain. The way you held Rosie when she took a nap with you and the way you change when Henry is around. I care because you've gone through so much but yet you're still a better person than I could ever be. God Savannah I just.. I just don't see it. I don't see how-" You cut Josh off saying "You don't see what Josh?"  "I don't see why you hate me so much. I can't help but care about you." You take a deep breath and say "Well maybe just stop caring then." Then Josh looks your right in the eyes and says something you never would have expected in a million years. "I can't Just stop caring Savannah," he says and then takes a deep breath, looks down and says three simple words, "I love you."