Chapter 1

*Savannah's POV* 
"Can you pllleeeeaaassseeeee babysit tonight Sis?" Your brother, Henry, asks you. He has his adorable daughter, Rosie, in his arms and they're both smiling at you. "I'm not the one who had a kid when I was 16! Why should I have to babysit?" You say, teasing Henry when you're really excited you get to spend the evening with Rosie. "Sav..." Henry says, "that's not.. You know why.." You do know why. After your parents died, you and your brother had to move from rural Minnesota to LA to live with your grandma. You confided your grief in your grandma, getting much closer to her than most 17 year olds are. Henry however, turned to partying, alcohol, and Paula. He thought Paula was his soul mate, that he'd love her forever. Ten short months after you moved to LA, your niece was born. After Paula was a terrible mother, and cheated on Henry, they broke up and Henry fought for full custody. He got it, so he really cleaned up his life to be the best Dad to Rosie that he could be, even if he was only 16. Having Rosie every day really helped him to grow up. He's one of the best fathers you know, and the most responsible 18 year old you've ever met. "I'm sorry," you say, "I know that's not fair. Of course I'll babysit, I'm Rosie's favorite aunt anyway, ya know!?" You wink at your brother, and he says "Paula's sisters would probably disagree." Before heading upstairs to shower. He comes back down about an hour later, his brown hair styled and his eyes shining bright. He's dressed in dark wash jeans with a black button up shirt and a grey tie hanging loosely from his neck. He is a spitting image of your father at a young age, and it makes your heart ache. You smile at him, telling him to have a good night, and a few moments later he's gone. You flick the tv on and watch Dora with Rosie, one of her favorite shows, and wait for your Grandma to come home from dinner and a movie with a friend. Three months ago you moved out to live in your boyfriend Raymond's apartment with him, but you still come spend a lot of time at your Grandma's house visiting her, Henry, and Rosie. At 8, you call Raymond knowing he's done with work. "Hey Boo." He answers on the second ring. "Hey just letting you know that I'm at my Grandma's babysitting Rosie. Henry went out and I have no idea when he'll be back." You say. "Can I come over?" He asks you. "Of course." It makes you happy knowing that he wants to spend time with you and Rosie. "Be there in 20," he says, "love you." And the phone clicks off. Twenty minutes later Raymond knocks on the door and you look at Rosie "Ray Ray is here!" You say getting up and adjusting the two year old onto your hip. "Ray Ray!" She says, a smile erupting across her entire face. You open the door, letting him in and greeting him with a kiss. Raymond is dressed in khaki pants and a plain nice shirt, clearly what he wore to work. He's not usually your "type" with light strawberry blonde colored hair and freckles, but he's so sweet and the more time you spend with him, the cuter he gets. You hang out with Raymond and Rosie until your Grandma gets home at about 11, and you and Raymond go home. As you get out of your car at the apartment, you feel weird all of the sudden. You start walking towards Raymond, who just got out of his car and as you meet he grabs your hand smiling at you and getting his keys out. Then you start to see black around the corners of your eyes. Before you know it, you feel yourself crash to the ground, and everything goes blank.