Chapter 38

*Savannah's POV* Josh directs you to a restaurant that he had made reservations for supper at and you suddenly feel underdressed in your leggings and pain shirt. "Josh this place looks mighty fancy for the clothing we're wearing" you say, Josh has jeans on, but he also is wearing a Cincinnati Reds tshirt with a nike zip up and a snapback, nothing too fancy. "Don't worry about what we're wearing." Josh says with a smile, getting out of the van and then approaching the door together. When you walk in the hostess sees Josh, and says "Follow me right this way Mr. Hutcherson, Ms. Collins" You give Josh a sideways glance and he smirks at you, but you both follow her in silence. She opens a door for the both of you and you're in a private room. She starts to pull out your chair, but Josh tells her that he can get it, so he pulls it out and holds your hand like a gentleman as you sit down before getting situated into his spot, the side of the table with no chair to match. You look around the room, a fire place at one end, a nice painting on the opposite wall. Fancy decorations covering the place. You fell like if you move a muscle your clumsy body will shatter everything in sight. You and Josh have a nice meal, but for some reason he seems a little off.. Like, nervous. After dinner, you leave the restaurant and once again Josh directs you to another place, since he can't drive. When you park, you're at a building you've never seen before, in a part of LA you don't recall ever being in. Josh brings you up to the door, because luckily there's a ramp, and takes a key from under the mat where it was clearly hidden for him. He opens the door and wheel in, holding it open for you behind him. When inside you realize it's clearly a rental place for people to plan parties and showers and things such as that. You look around and there's not much going on, but Josh says "There's a surprise waiting for you upstairs, go up there and you'll find a note." he points up the stairs and then says "I'll be up there in a little bit. There's an elevator in the back somewhere." He gives you an easygoing smile. "I'll come find the elevator with you." you say to Josh. "Just go up the stairs, please." he says. "Josh I want to be with you-" but Josh cuts you off "babe please, please just go. You have to be alone for the first part of the surprise." You are caught off guard by josh calling you babe, you've never called each other anything but Savannah, Savi, Josh, and Joshua. "Okay." you say, walking up the stairs and only turning back to smile at him for a split second before you open the door. When you get into the room there's a note sitting on a podium, and balloons everywhere. You read the note and it says "Savannah, There's 50 balloons in this room, labeled 1-50. Pop them to uncover your surprise. Xx Josh" You pick up the pin he had there and find the one labeled '1' Inside of it, it says "Things I love About Savannah Rose Collins.." and after finding '2' and popping it you realize there's going to be things listed about you in every balloon when it says "Her gorgeous bright blue eyes" You go through all balloons finding serious things and funny things, things like your smile and hair, and things like your sense of humor, a joke you've told him, or a completely sarcastic remark. When you pop the 49th balloon it says "Now that you've heard all these things I love about you, I just have one question..." You cross the room to the last balloon and pop it. The note falls to the ground and when you pick it up you see the words "Will you be my girlfriend" written carefully on it. You're suddenly aware Josh hasn't came into the room at all, you turn quickly to go back downstairs to find him. When you turn, you see something you weren't expecting, you see Josh with a sly grin on his face, standing in the entryway.