Chapter 46

*Savannah's POV* "What do you mean?" You ask Josh, confused about the whole situation. "I mean that neither of us want to leave, so we're not going to. What's the hospital going to do, refuse to continue healing us? they can't do that." Josh says sternly. "They probably could if they wanted to." you say, nervous about breaking the rules. "They wont, plus. Today when we left, nobody said we had to come back. They only did that the first day we left." Josh says, "and we haven't eve exchanged gifts yet." "I know, and we have to do that. But Josh we can't just not go back to the hospital. They'll never let us leave again. We'll never be alone again like we are right now." Josh smiles at you, "It's cute you don't wanna break the rules, if it makes you feel better I'll call and tell them you feel asleep and I don't wanna wake you. I'm persuasive, they'll just tell me that I can bring you back in the morning. One missed treatment won't matter that much." "Call them, if they say that. I'll be more than happy to stay." you say, not believing that Josh can pull yet another thing off, but still as hopeful as ever. Josh pulls out his phone and dials the number, asking for our floor. You hear only his side of the conversation. "Hey Nicole, yeah it's Josh. Listen, Savannah fell asleep and I just don't have the heart to wake her up. She looks so cute and she was so tired. I would pick her up and carry her to the car, but I really don't think I can do that yet." He pauses and she must've responded wondering why that mattered. "Well the thing is, I was wondering if we could just stay here at my place tonight. I'll bring her back straight away in the morning when we wake up." Josh continues to plead for a few more minutes, then gets transferred to your doctor, and finally hangs up the phone. "It's time for presents." Josh says after he hangs up. "So are you going to tell me if we get to stay or if we have to go then?" you ask Josh. "Well, Nicole was totally onto me, she knew that we just wanted the night for ourselves..." Josh says sounding sad, and making you sad as well, "But then, I talked to Dr. James, and I totally convinced him it was the truth. When I talked to Nicole again she made it so clear to me that she knew you weren't sleeping, but I don't think she really cared. Dr. James said one night without your treatment will be okay, as long as we're back for the morning one." Josh says smiling. "You mean we get to stay here? Just you and me, all night?" you say, unbelieving, "We don't have to go back there?" "Nope, not tonight. He said not to get used to doing this though, so it'll probably be the only time." You jump into his arms hugging him tightly, "Thank you so much Josh, Thank you for making this the absolute perfect day." "Anything for you," Josh says leaning up and kissing you, then whispering "I love you Savannah." You think about saying "I love you too, Josh." but you just can't get yourself to do it. You can't bring the words to your mouth despite knowing they're true. You just kiss him again. "I like telling you I love you, you always just kiss me afterwards." Josh says smiling afterwards. "Wanna open presents?" you ask him next. "Let's do it." he says back. You get up and cross the room, getting both your present for him and his for you, and set them down in front of both of you. "You go first." You tell Josh, and he tears the wrapping paper off of the box. When he opens the box, he finds a new black button up shirt, a bright blue tie, and a sweater vest with a matching blue, a darker blue, and a grey argyle pattern on it. There's also a bottle of cologne that Henry helped pick out, which you have to admit smells amazing. The last thing in the box was a picture frame with a bunch of little hearts all over it, and a picture of you and Josh smiling, him in his chair and you sitting in his lap arms around his neck. The first picture you and Josh ever took together, one that Jen insisted on taking one day while you, Josh, Jen, Henry, and Rosie were hanging out in the fun room in the hospital. "Thank you so much Sav, I love it all." Josh says kissing you softly on the lips."You're welcome, Sorry it's kinda basic.. I'm not very good at shopping for boys." you say giggling. "I love it." Josh answers, handing you your box. When you open it, there's a sweater in it, a cream color, with an intricate design on it, and a pair of combat like boots. "I hope those are the right size." Josh says as you look at them. You look at the inside and see they're the exact right size, 7. "They're the perfect size." you say smiling, moving on. The only other thing in the box, is a smaller box. When you open it, you see a beautiful necklace inside, in the shape of a heart with small diamonds lining the entire thing. "Oh my gosh, Josh." you say, "This is stunning. You shouldn't have done this." Josh just smiling, "Yes I should've. You're my girlfriend I get to spoil you. Turn around." He says, grabbing the necklace and then hooking it around your neck as it falls down onto your chest after you hold up your hair. "I absolutely love it." you say holding it against your chest and smiling at him. "There's one other thing." he says, getting up and slowly stepping towards a closet in the back of the room. "It wouldn't fit in the box, but this is for you too." he says. He picks up a giant teddy bear, about 4 feet tall and two feet wide out of the closet that has a box of chocolates in it's hands. You cross to Josh and pick up the bear. "I love it, he's going to be named Calum." you say smiling, thinking of a bear you used to have named Calum, that you lost somewhere on the way to LA after your parents accident. "Thanks for making this the best Valentines day" you say, and Josh just simply says "You're welcome, you're worth it."