Chapter 37

*Savannah's POV* He doesn't say anything and as he gets closer you see why. You heard his voice because he was singing, like he always does on his runs, and he has headphones in and probably turned up to the 12th notch. You always did love his voice, and how active he was. How you could go on runs together and then jump into the pond clothes in all. At that point he throws his sweatshirt off in one swift movement, his headphones coming off and his eyes coming up and meeting yours for the first time since he broke up with you. "Savannah?" he says like he's having a hard time believing you still exist, stopping short in his track from the chair you know he was going to sit in to cool off, the chair he always sat in on his three minute break from his 4 mile run. A pang of hurt hits your heart as you think of every little thing you know about him. About how much useless information you have. About how you know every little thing about him, how long he runs, where his run starts, how long his break is, what he's going to do when he gets home from the run, what he's going to do tonight, you know every little thing. Not just from when you were dating, but from the two years you had been bestfriends as well. You wonder, if one day you'll know all those things about Josh. You hope so, but at the same time, you also hope not for just a second, because you can't imagine feeling this way about Raymond and Josh at the same time. "Hi Raymond." you say sternly, trying to keep a deep breath. You stand up from Josh's lap, feeling uncomfortable as Raymond just stares at the both of you. "Sorry I uh, didn't expect anybody to be here." he says, looking down and quickly putting his sweatshirt back on. "I um, I didn't know you'd be here. Sorry." you respond, not knowing what to say or do. You refuse to look at Josh, but he's sitting there and you see him from the corner of your eye, looking angrier than you've ever seen him. His eyes blank and squinted, jaw clenched, cheeks red. All three of you are silent for what feels like ages. "So um, this is my roommate, Josh." you say, "and Josh, this is my ex Raymond." "I remember him." Josh says through gritted teeth. Raymond gives you both an odd look, but you both ignore it. "Well We're going to go we have a few things to do before we have to head back to the hospital." you say, going behind Josh's chair and pushing him towards the bridge. "Savannah.." Raymond says as you're almost across. You turn back and look him in the eye, and he says "It was really good to see you, I've missed you." You're about to respond when Josh turns the chair and loses it. "It was good to see her? did you really just say that?" He says, getting louder and angrier by the second. "You broke up with her, bro. You don't get to miss her. If she wants to miss you that’s fine, but you're the one who stopped caring. So for the love of God just do her and yourself a favor and stop trying to make yourself feel better for being such an ass." Raymond looks shocked, angry, a bit scared and actually sorry all at once and he quietly says "I never stopped caring." Before he or Josh can add another word you say "Bye Raymond." Taking Josh's chair in your hands and pushing him over the bridge, through the tunnel, on the small hidden path, down the bike path, and back to the van in silence. When you get into the drivers seat after helping Josh up you finally get the courage to look over to him. "I'm sorry I kinda lost it back there.." he says quietly. "Sorry? That was one of the nicest things anybody has ever done for me." you say to him. "So are you okay?" "Yeah," you answer only partially truthful, "I'm okay." You can't get yourself to expand on that so you just stay quiet. Then Josh grins and says "I was sure glad you could use the roommate card on him." and all tension is gone as you both start to laugh. You start the vehicle and Josh says "Alright are you ready for the final activity of the night?" "I can't wait." You say, ready to enjoy every last second of happiness before returning to hell.