Reunion

2007
(10 years ago)

Jay's POV
I was at my best friend Aubrey Graham's house doing homework. Well, his name is Aubrey, but he goes by his middle name Drake. Well, we were supposed to be doing homework, but we were watching TV.

I should introduce myself. I'm Shawn but my friends call me Jay. I'm 12 years old and in the seventh grade.

Then the highlight of my day walked in the front door. It was Drake's big sister, well half sister, Beyoncé.

"Hi guys," she said walking in and dropping her backpack on the couch next to me

"Hey sis," Drake said.

"Hey Bey," I said.

"How was your day?," she asked heading into the kitchen.

"It was great. Just a typical day in the seventh grade," I said.

"Seventh grade was horrible for me. I had glasses and braces," she said.

"From what I remember, you were still beautiful," I told her feeling kind of embarrassed after I had said it.

"That was pretty sweet, but you were eight then. What do you even remember?," she said.

"Obviously, I remember how beautiful you were," I told her.

"Aw, thanks kiddo. You are so much sweeter than the guys in my grade. If you were 4 years older and a lot taller, I would probably date you," she said bending over to see what was in the fridge.

"Man, stop hitting on my sister," Drake whispered to me as he nudged me in the side with his elbow.

"I'm not hitting on her. I just called her pretty," I whispered back.

"And stop looking at her butt," he whispered as he caught me staring at her.

"What are you guys whispering about over there? I like secrets," she said standing up standing and walking over to us about to open a popsicle.

"Hey Bey. Those are mine. Mom bought those for me. And that one was the last one," Drake said trying to grab it from her.

"Tell you what. If you can reach it, you can have it," she said holding it way up in the air.

"Come on Bey. That's not fair," he said.

Drake and I were like 5 foot 2, and Bey was like 5 foot 7. There was no way he was getting that popsicle.

"Life isn't fair. I should know, I ended up with you as a brother," she told him.

I chuckled a bit.