Truth

Bey's POV
I walked into Jay's apartment to see him on the couch playing on his Xbox. I went and sat down next to him.

Last night was horrible for me. I barely slept. I felt so guilty and ashamed for hitting him. I know I should've never hit him. I was so wrong.

I had left early this morning because I didn't know what to say to him or how to say it. But I've been thinking about it all day, and I just need to talk about it with him because what happened last night could be the beginning of the end if it isn't fixed. Last night shouldn't halve happened.

"Can we talk?," I asked him.

"Yeah," he said pausing his game.

He put his controller down and turned towards me.

"I'm sorry," I apologized again.

"Bey, I told you-," he started before I cut him off.

"No, just listen. I was extremely wrong last night. I didn't even listen to you before I started yelling and cursing at you. I jumped to conclusions, and on top of it y'all, I slapped you. I should've listened to you before I started yelling or anything. And I definitely shouldn't have put my hands on you. I am so, so sorry. I never meant to hurt you like that," I told him.

"It's fine Bey. The swelling is gone down, and you can barely see the bruise," he said.

"No, it's not fine. I'd actually feel better if you were mad at me. There shouldn't even be a bruise in the first place. If it were the other way around, it would be unacceptable. What I did was unacceptable. I should know better. I know what it feels like to be abused, and I don't want this to be the start of some horrible problems in our relationship. I've been in countless bad relationships, and they all go up in flames. I've been cheated on before, and it just makes you insecure and paranoid which is no excuse. I just don't want this to turn into a huge mess, and we break up because of it," I told him.

"We're not gonna break up. Yeah, you were really wrong last night, and I wish that you had listened to me before you started accusing me of stuff I didn't do. And I wish you'd stop comparing me to your other boyfriends because I'm not them. I don't compare you to my other girlfriends because I know that I'm in a different relationship. I know that you were hurt before, but it isn't the greatest feeling when you judge me based on things they did," he expressed to me.

"I know, and I'm sorry about all of it. You don't deserve it. You're an amazing guy, and I don't treat you the way you deserve to be treated. You're always doing something special for me, and all I've done is accuse you of lying and cheating. I let my insecurities get in the way of us being happy, and I promise to work on it. Just bare with me please. I shouldn't question you and accuse you of things when you've given me no reason to. I just start feeling like history is repeating itself, and I don't wanna hurt again. But I'm gonna stop, so I don't ruin a good thing. I really want us to last," I told him.

"We will Bey. We've just gonna be honest with each other and make sure we communicate and listen," he said.

"I know, and we can. Just gotta work on it. Let me make it up to you. Let's do something you wanna do. We always do stuff that I wanna do. What do you wanna do?," I said to him.

~~~~