Home

Bey's POV
I woke up in bed laying on Jay's chest. I looked up at him and saw that he was awake.

"Good morning," I said sitting up and leaning back against the headboard.

"Good morning beautiful," he said as he sat up as well.

"So I just wanna ask you one thing, and I don't want it to start a fight, but I do want you to tell me the truth. I promise that I will do my best not to get mad at your answer," I said.

"What's the question?," he asked me.

"Why didn't you tell me that Mya was coming to town? I could've used a warning Jay. Withholding information is still lying. At least in my book it is," I said.

"I know I should've told you Bey, and I was planning on it. I just kept putting it off because I was scared of how you'd react. I knew you'd freak out, and I was just trying to prevent that. I knew that you had a lot going on, and I didn't want to add to your plate. I thought I was protecting you," he told me.

"And that's sweet and all Jay, but it didn't protect me. Not telling me allowed her to catch me off guard. I know that you're always trying to think of how you can protect me, but not telling me things is not the right way. You should've told me and let me decide if I could handle it or not. That wasn't your choice to make," I told him.

"I know, and I really am sorry. I know I was wrong to not tell you, and I promise I will never do anything like that again," he told me.

"All I want is for you to be honest. I love you, and I want us to work. I'm gonna do my best to get better for us. Just tell me the truth no matter how badly you don't want to," I told him.

"I will Bey. This will never happen again," he said.

"Good," I said before pecking his lips.

"Now, I've been thinking," he told me.

"Oh boy, that's never good," I said.

He looked at me, and I laughed.

"I'm kidding. Continue," I laughed.

"Well, you've been overwhelmed with work and everything else lately, and maybe getting away isn't a bad idea. I think you need a break from everything. Running away wasn't the best way to do it, but I get why you did. You needed a breather, so why don't we go on a vacation just the two of us? Just to relax and clear our heads. What do you think?," he said.

"Where would we go?," I asked him.

"I was thinking Hawaii," he said.

"Hawaii?," I asked him.

"Yeah, you could definitely use a break, and I could use one too before basketball season starts," he said.

"I'd love to go to Hawaii with you. When?," I told him.

"How does next week sound?," he asked me.

"Perfect. I'm free every week for the time being anyway," I said.

"What do you mean?," he asked me.

"Oh, I never got to tell you what happened the board meeting. They think that because of Michael's trial and the drama surrounding it I should step down as CEO indefinitely, which is just their fancy way of saying they want to take my company," I told him.

"Bey, you can't step down. That company is yours. It's everything you've worked for. You've made it everything that it is," he said.

"I know, but right now, I don't think it's such a bad idea that I step down temporarily. I'm not doing well as CEO right now because of everything that's going on. I'm stressed, and because of that, I'm underperforming. I can't be a good CEO if I'm not in the right headspace. That's where I messed up last time. Sure, I was going to therapy, but I was still working and thinking about Michael's trial and trying to figure out a relationship with you. I wasn't focusing on what was important, my stability. I have to do it right this time. I'm so tired of being the victim and running and drinking and going to that dark place. It's been going on since I was a teenager, and I am truly sick of it. I can't keep playing this game where I do better for a month or two and then I'm right back to where I started. I want to really get better this time for myself, for you, for Mama, for Drake, for Richard, for my business. Everyone and everything. I can't do that if I'm halfway trying to heal, so if I'm going to take a break, I need to really take a break from everything and focus on the one thing in my life that hasn't gone to hell. You," I said.