Discussions

Bey's POV
Jay and I had been discussing his deal for what felt like hours.

"I don't know babe. If you take the deal, we're gonna have to pack up and move across the country," I said.

"I know, and I don't want us to leave our family. Everyone we love is here," he added.

"Plus, we're gonna be new parents soon, and we're gonna need help from Mama and everyone else. We don't know anyone in Miami," I told him.

"Yeah, and your company is here. I don't wanna take you away from that," he said.

"Well, it wouldn't be a problem to open up a new office in Miami. I've been looking to expand anyway. And besides, you said it yourself. You're not happy playing for the Clippers, and I don't want you somewhere where you're not happy," I told him.

"Yeah, but if you don't wanna go, we can just stay here," he said.

"You don't have to compromise or sacrifice your dreams because of me. This is a huge opportunity for you. You're a great basketball player, and Miami Heat really wants you otherwise they wouldn't be making this huge offer. You're finally getting the recognition you deserve. And if you feel like that team would be better for you, then that's where you should be. Plus you want a championship ring, and the Heat have been known to win championships unlike the Clippers," I told him.

"So what are we gonna do?," he asked me.

"I don't know Jay," I sighed as I put my hand on my forehead.

"You know, if we did decide to move, it's not like we couldn't come back to visit. We could bring the baby back to see the family. It's not gonna be like we're gonna be away forever," he said.

"Yeah, you're right. And we could do this together. We could settle down in Miami and make a life with our baby. We can do that wherever," I told him.

"Yeah, I don't doubt that, but this would be a big change for us. We'd be doing this all alone. Raising a child in a city we don't know much about. We wouldn't have your mom or anyone else around to help us," he said.

"But we could make friends. We're likeable people. And we'd get around and explore the city. We'd find out about it and learn about the city. And we're gonna be great as parents. We'll just figures it out along the way. That's what everyone else does. And Mama and Richard are only a phone call away if we have questions," I told him.

"So if we did decide to move, when would we? Would you wanna wait until after the baby comes? You probably wanna be around the family while you're pregnant," he asked me.

"I don't know. Part of me wants to be here when the baby comes, but it would be harder to pack up the baby's stuff and ours. Plus, it wouldn't make any sense to set up a nursery, and then just pack it up and leave. I think before the baby comes because I would wanna be settled before he or she gets here. It's gonna be harder to move with a baby," I said.

"Yeah, you're right. It would be harder to leave after the baby gets here," he agreed.

"And the family could just fly in before the baby is born," I said.

"So are you saying that you wanna go to Miami?," he asked me.

"No, I'm not saying that. There's still the matter of actually packing up and leaving. I mean, we just got this place, and I really like it here. And would our landlord even let us out of our lease? Then we'd have to find a place in Miami. It would be a lot of trouble to go. And are we sure that we wanna leave our family?," I said to him.