Accusations

Bey's POV
I was sitting in my office going over some paperwork when my phone started ringing.

I picked it up and saw that it was Mama.

I answered it and put it up to my ear.

Phone Call

"Hello," I said.

"Hey Bey, are you coming to dinner tonight?," she asked me.

"Um, I don't think so Mama. I've got a lot of work to catch up on. I think I'm just gonna work late," I told her.

"No, you're not Bey. You don't need to be in the office all night. Come over here," she said.

"Mama, I'm really not feeling it," I told her.

"Bey, just because you're missing Jay doesn't mean you have to throw yourself into your work to try to forget your feelings," she told me.

"Mama, seriously. I love y'all, but I'm just not feeling up to it," I told her.

"Bey, I'm not taking no for an answer. I get that you're sad about Jay, but he wouldn't want you working late and stressing yourself either," she said.

"I know Mama but-," I started before she cut me off.

"Just come to dinner. Be with your family," she told me.

"Fine. I'll be there," I told her.

"Good. Love you Bey," she said.

"Love you too Mama," I told her before hanging up.

End of Call

I got up out of my chair and left my office. I went down to my car and drove to Mama's house.

It only took me a couple of minutes to get over there. When I did, I used my key to unlock the door and go inside.

I walked through the foyer into the living room to see no one in there.

"Mama, I'm here. Where is everybody?," I announced.

"In the dining room," I heard her say.

I walked into the dining room to see everyone setting the table.

"Hey guy-," I started saying before I stopped myself.

I stopped talking because I saw Jay standing there smiling at me.

"Jay baby, what are you doing here?," I asked him as I walked over to him and hugged him.

He wrapped his arms around my waist.

"Our game in Cleveland got canceled because of a storm over there, and since the game after that is a home game, they let us come to L.A. until the home game next week," he told me.

"You're home until next week?," I asked him.

"I'm home until next week," he confirmed.

I pulled him in for a kiss. The kiss lasted a few seconds before we both pulled back.

"I see you got that haircut and shaved like I asked you to," I said rubbing my hands over his head.