Lost and Found

Jay's POV
I put my phone down and got off the couch.

As soon as I did, my phone started ringing again, but it wasn't Drake this time.

It was some unknown number. I picked up my phone and answered it.

Phone Call

"Hello," I said.

"Jay, I'm so sorry," I heard Bey say.

"Oh my God! Bey!," I said not believing that I was talking to her.

"I'm sorry that I ran away. I'm so sorry," she said.

I could tell she was crying.

"It's okay. It's okay Bey. Just tell me where you are, and I will come and get you," I told her.

"I'm somewhere outside of San Jose. I'm at a gas station using a pay phone, but the gas station is closed," she told me.

"Okay. Tell me the name of the gas station baby," I told her.

"Its a Shell gas station. Um, when I was walking just a few minutes ago, I past a sign that said that it's about 45 miles to San Francisco," she told me.

"Okay baby. Okay. I'm on my way. Just stay right there. I'll be there as quickly as I can," I told him.

"Okay. Please hurry Jay. It's getting dark," she said.

"I'm on my way Bey. I'll be right there, but I've gotta hang up now, okay?," I told her.

"Okay," she said.

"I'll be right there Bey," I said before she hung up.

End of Call

I texted Drake and let him know that I knew where Bey was.

I grabbed my keys and left my apartment. I went down to my car and started driving.

Five Hours Later

I drove for hours and hours. It was like 11 at night, and I hadn't stopped driving yet.

I was already in San Jose. I was just looking for that gas station.

I drove down some backroads looking for Bey until I finally saw her outside of the gas station.

I stopped and quickly got out of my car. She ran over to me and hugged me.

I held her tightly.

"I'm so sorry Jay. I'm so sorry," she cried.

"It's okay Bey. It's fine. I'm just so happy that you're safe," I told her.

"Jay, there's something I need to tell you," she said to me.

"What is it?," I asked her.

"I love you," she said.

Before I could say anything back to her, she spoke again.

"And I know that you probably think that I'm just hysterical and caught up in everything that's happened. I know that we haven't been dating that long. I know that it's only been two months. I know that you think I'm not thinking clearly, and you're right I'm not. Nothing was clear to me while I was driving off except for the fact that I love you. That's all I could think about. How much I love you and how much it hurt that you didn't defend me against your sister. That's why I was running because I couldn't understand how the person that I love so much wouldn't defend me unless he didn't love me like I love him," she said.

"Bey, I love you. I've loved you for most of my life, and I promise that nothing like what happened the other night will ever happen again. I'm the one who's sorry Bey. I'm so sorry that I didn't defend you. You're my girlfriend, and I should've. I just didn't want to go up against her, but now I don't care about how she feels as long as I have you. I'll tell her to get out as soon as we get back to Los Angeles. I'll tell her that she has to go to a hotel or go home. I just love you so much Bey, and I just want to be with you. You're the best thing that's ever happened to me," I told her.