Out Of Line

Jay's POV
After Drake's blow up, I went to find Beyoncé. I was walking down the hallway when I heard crying coming from the bathroom.

I softly knocked on the door.

"Bey," I said.

She didn't say anything. She just started sniffling.

"Bey, I know that's you in there. Come on out. I want to talk to you," I told her.

I heard her start moving around. Then the door opened, and she walked out.

Even though she was crying and her eyes were puffy, she looked as beautiful as ever.

"I'm sorry Bey," I apologized.

"What are you apologizing for? This isn't your fault. You were just trying to help, and you were right. I should've just left him alone. He doesn't want to talk to me. I'm a horrible sister. I'm a horrible person," she said wiping her tears.

"Come on Bey. Don't say that. You're a great sister and a great person. He's just upset. He'll get over it. Just give him some time. He'll talk to you eventually," I told her.

"I don't know Jay. I really messed up. I think I should just head back to my hotel room. I'm not doing anyone any good by being here. Drake doesn't want me here. We're only gonna argue if I stay, and us arguing is only gonna upset Mama and ruin the family reunion. I know when I'm not wanted, so if you'll excuse me," she said to me as she began to walk around me.

"Bey, come back. Don't leave," I told her.

She stopped and turned around.

"Why? Give me one good reason not to leave," she said.

"Because I want you here," I told her.

She smiled and chuckled lightly.

"You want me here?," she asked me.

"Yes, I do. I missed you too over the past eight years, and I want to spend time with you. And other people want you here too. The rest of your family missed you and want to see you too. Don't worry about Drake right now. Just enjoy being back home," I told her.

"Well, I guess I'll stay, but only because you asked me to," she smiled.

"Well, thank you," I said.

"You're welcome. Now, we should probably head back outside before people start wondering where we are," she told me.

"Yeah, we should," I said.

We walked out of the back door into the backyard. Drake saw us come out together, and he rolled his eyes.

"Okay everyone, it's time for the games to start! We're gonna start off with family trivia and then go into charades! Everyone take a seat!," Mama Tina announced.

Bey and I took a seat next to each other. Drake sat across from us and flared at us.

We looked away from him.

"Okay, so I wrote down some questions on the cards that are in this little bowl here. We'll take turns asking questions about the family. When you get a question correct, you get points. The person with the most points wins. Simple. I'll start," Mama Tina said to us.

She got a card out of the bowl and read the question. One of the relatives answered it.

After a few people had gone and answered questions, it was Drake's turn.

He got up and picked a question.

"Okay. Who went off to New York and abandoned her family for eight years without a phone call or everything, and now thinks she's too good for anyone? I'll give you a hint. Her name starts with a 'B', and she's sitting right next to Jay," Drake said.