Engagement

Jay's POV
After Michael proposed to Bey, I was able to slip away from all the celebration. I went outside to be alone.

I stood at the snack table and tried to ignore all the hype and excitement about the newly engaged couple.

I figured eating something would take my mind off it, but unfortunately, it didn't.

"Hey man, I'm sorry," Drake said to me.

"Sorry about what?," I asked him trying to act oblivious to what he meant.

"You know what I'm talking about," he told me.

"No, I don't," I said.

"Come on man, you know what I mean. Bey's engagement. I know you're upset," he said to me.

"No, I'm not upset," I told him.

"Yes, you are. I can tell that you're upset. It's written all over your face," he said.

"I'm not upset Drake," I told him.

"Look, getting over Bey isn't going to be easy, but you've just gotta work at it. I know that her getting engaged today didn't help anything, but it should just give you more reason and motivation to move on from her now. She's getting married now. You two aren't gonna be together," he told me.

"Yeah, I know. Bey and I will never be together. I know that now. I just need to move past it. I don't even know why I'm upset about it," I said to him.

"You're upset about it because you're trying to move on from her, but you don't have anything to focus your attention on. I say that we go out tonight and meet some sexy girls and focus all our attention on them," he told me placing emphasis the word "all."

"I don't know Drake," I said to him.

"Oh come on Jay, don't you want to forget about your crush on my sister. This is the best way to do it. We'll have a few drinks and be with some girls and just let loose for one night. I promise that Bey will be the last person you're thinking about tonight, and if you're lucky in the morning too," he told me.

"Drake-," I started before he cut me off.

"Don't you want to be happy the way she is right now?," he asked me as he pointed to her through the glass sliding door that looked into the house.

"Okay, I'll go," I told him.

"That's the Jay I know," he said.

(That Night)

Jay's POV
Drake and I walked into the club.

"Loosen up man. Look, I'm gonna go get us a couple of drinks, and why don't you go talk to that fine ass girl over there.

 Look, I'm gonna go get us a couple of drinks, and why don't you go talk to that fine ass girl over there

"Drake-," I started before he cut me off.

"Go talk to her," he told me before he walked away to get some drinks.