Revelations

Bey's POV
"I can't believe you surprised me. I was trying my hardest to be on the lookout for a proposal," I said to Jay as I looked at my beautiful ring.

"Yeah, I know you were. I had to work extra hard to try and surprise you," Jay told me.

I smiled as I cut a piece of my pancake and put it in my mouth.

Jay and I were sitting down in the dining room having breakfast this morning.

He decided to get up early this morning and cooked breakfast for us before I headed in to the office.

"But how did you know I found the ring?," I asked him.

"Because I'm not an idiot. I could tell that you went looking around the apartment for it, and those little subtle comments about marriage weren't so subtle," he told me as he got up from the table to get some more orange juice.

"Oh. Well, I thought they were, but why did you hide it in your underwear drawer?," I asked him.

"Because you rarely do the laundry, and the one day I don't need you going through my drawers, you do," he said as he sat back down with his juice.

"Sorry, so where did you move it after I found it the first time?," I asked him.

"I took it to Mama Tina's house and told her to keep it until I proposed," he told me.

"Well, you really surprised me. I had no idea it was coming. It worked," I told him.

I looked at the clock on my phone and noticed the time.

"Oh, I've gotta get going. I've got a very important meeting this morning," I told him as I stood up from the table.

"Okay. I'll see you later," he replied as I grabbed my purse and phone.

"Alright. I love you," I said before kissing his lips.

"I love you too," he told me.

I walked out of the apartment and headed to the office.

~~~~~~

Bey's POV

Jay and I pulled up in Mama's driveway

Jay got out of the car and helped me out of the other side.

As we walked into Mama's house together, Drake came up to us.

"Hey, I was just about to call y'all," he told us.

"What? Why?," I asked him.

"Because Mama invited Mya. She doesn't know what's been going on, so she invited her. We should just tell her to leave," Drake said.

"No, we promised Mama that there would be no more drama at her family dinner, and she doesn't know about Mya. Making her leave is just gonna cause a scene. It's just an hour or so. We can deal with her for an hour or so," I told them.