9

Nine: A Hug

Azalea Miller

-3 & 1/2 years ago; junior year-

Friday -following week from last chapter-

Since last Monday when I told G that my mom was going to be staying around longer he seems to pull me aside everyday seeing if I'm okay.

And of course Sam, Nate and JJ are suspicious. I've had to reassure Sam multiple times a day that me and G have nothing going on, that we are just friends.

We all are at our little hang out spot at the park. It's this placed tucked back, far away from the playground so we can smoke and it's covered by this big tree and a wooden picnic bench sat there.

We all haven't been here in maybe a month and that was because we normal were partying on fridays but we decide to do that later this weekend since we had Monday off.

"Pass it." Gilinsky said taking the joint from my fingers.

"So JJ, how was your date with Sasha?" I smirked at him as I placed my chin on my hand.

"Great." He smiled. "Thanks again."

"No problem baby J." I smiled.

"Thanks?" Sam asked.

"I helped him plan the date." I told him and he nodded.

"Someone should go get Taco Bell." I said. "Nathan."

"Oh my lord." He groaned standing up.

"It's okay, I'll go with you buddy." JJ said standing up.

"Lemme get my speaker from the car then." Sam said getting up and walking with them. "I'll stay with Az'."

"Okay, I'll meet you guys there." Gilinsky said.

They raised a eyebrow but nodded and left. "Are you okay?" He asked.

"Yes G." I nodded.

"Know when your mom is leaving? I don't like you in that house." He said voicing his opinion for the thousandth time.

"I don't know yet, I'll let you know right when I know." I said and he nodded.

He gave me a short but long hug, normal our talks ended in a hug now.

When we were hugging Sam came back and we only noticed because he walking over to us and you could hear his footsteps. "We'll be back." He said and jogged off.

"Where's the speaker?" I asked as he sat down across from me instead of next to me like normal.

"It was dead." He said with no tone in his voice and I nodded.

It was quiet as he was on his phone. "Hey?" I asked and he didn't answer just stayed looking at his phone. "Hey." I said and lightly kicked his leg under the table.

"Yeah?" He asked in a dumb and irritated tone.

"Are you okay?" I asked raising a eyebrow.