40

Azalea Miller

-3 & 1/2 years ago; Junior year-

-Friday-

My dad was gone and so we all decided to just hang out at my house. My mom was over at her friends house. The house was semi clean.

"J, just ask Sasha out already!" I groan.

"No!" He shouted and shook his head.

"Why are just so scared?" G asked.

"I'm not." He shook his head.

"So, I could invite her over and you will talk to her, at least." I said picking my phone up.

"No no no." He said and jumped onto me and grabbed my phone from me.

"It's okay, I texted her five minutes ago." I said and leaned back.

"I hate you." He said and tossed my phone onto the table.

"My girl out smarted you." Sam kissed my head and smiled.

"She should be here in five to ten minutes." I smile and Nate, G and Sam laugh.

About five minutes later there was a knock. "Oh Sash is here, go get it JJ." I cheered.

"No." He shook his head.

"Go J." Nate said.

"Nope." He said stubbornly.

"My god, I'll get it." Gilinsky said standing up and walking away to answer it.

"Your such a pussy, J." I said.

"You are though." Sam laughed.

"Az' it's not her, but come here!" G shouted.

I walked away and shouted back to JJ. "Your so asking her JJ." I said and turned around and stood in front of the door.

There was a cop.

"Are you Azalea Miller?" He asked.

"Uh, yes." I said and furrowed my eyebrows while G shrugged saying he didn't know. "We tried calling but no one picked up, your mother, she's in the hospital, critical condition. You need to go."

"What!" I shouted. "Okay!" I said and ran and grabbed my phone as G followed. Sure enough I had missed calls.

"What's going on?" Sam asked.

"Mom. Hospital." I said quickly and ran out past the cop and got into G's car as everyone else did.

We got to the hospital and I ran in. "Miranda Miller?" I asked the lady at the desk while I tried to catch my breath, it slowing down.

She looked down at papers as the boys stood by my side and Sam held my hand. "I'll get the doctor." She said and got up then walked away.

My breath started to increase again. "Why does she need the doctor?" I freaked out.

"Hey, it's okay." Sam said pulling me into a hug and rubbed my back, calming me.

"Miller?" A doctor asked.

I pulled away from Sam and nodded. "Over here, please." He said and I followed of to the side of the room. The guys were staring at us.

"Your mother was in a car accident, she was hit by a drunk driver. She had traces of drugs in her system but luckily she wasn't driving it was a Jasmine Fernandez." He said.

I furrowed my eyebrows at him. "Was? Had?" I asked.

"She was in critical condition. She had excessive injuries to her head." He said. "I'm sorry."

My breathing stopped and I started blankly at him. "What?" My voice came out weak.

"I'm sorry for your loss." I stepped back a few, and walked out the front doors. I walked off to the side and sat down on the curb, trying to process the intonation.

I took a big breath in and let it out shakily with tears as I put my face in my hands. My whole body shook as I sat there crying, taking in and out shaky and short breaths. A hand went on my back and I knew it was Sam, he rubbed my back.

He soon pulled me into a hug. "Baby, it's okay, cry." He said softly as his hand went to my head and down to my back over and over again soothing me. "The boys are calling Ethan." He said into my hair. "We talked to the doctor, I'm so sorry baby."

Hearing him say it just set into reality making me cry more. My crying slowed and got quieter. I just took shaky breaths as Sam would make quiet 'shh's in my ear along with 'it's okay baby'.

I pulled back from the hug and Sam put his hands on my cheeks and wiped my tears. "She loved you, she still does. It's okay." He said I sniffled.

"Ethan is flying out tomorrow as soon as possible." Nate said as he sat down next to me. Sam stood up and wiped his butt of from any dirt. He kneeled down in front of me as JJ sat on my other side and G put his hands on my shoulders to let me know he is there too.

<><><>~<><><>
Whats gonna happen when Ethan gets there?

793 words
*unedited*

8/3/17 | 807 words - edited