68

Azalea Miller

-3 years ago; Senior year-

"Nate, pass it." I said holding my hand out for the joint.

He handed it to me and I brought it to my lips.

Me, Sam and Luke got back from the store a few hours ago, I made pancakes now we are just chilling in the hot tub.

"Here," I said after I blew the smoke away and handed it back to Nate.

I leaned back next to Sam and put my head on his shoulder.

Everyone was in a conversation, I opened my mouth to talk but my phone went off and I got up and got out of the hot tub to get it. I went to the table it was on and picked it up to read the message.

Katie: Why didn't didn't u tell me Ethan was coming home a week early??

I walked back to the hot tub my phone in hand and sat back down next to Sam and texted Katie back,

Me: He told me not to tell u
Me: Guessing he surprised u?

"Lea, is that whatever his name is again?" Luke said as I placed my phone down behind.

Before I could answer Sam looked down at me and furrowed his eyebrows, "Who?"

I looked up at him, "No one," I shook my head. "It was Katie."

"No one?" He asked. "Who is he talking about?" He whispered so no one else could hear us because they were already watching us.

"No one important," I tell him hoping he will drop it.

He took a second then looked at everyone. He sighed and looked back at me. He clenched his jaw then said, "Fine."

He looked back at everyone and it took everyone a moment to start their conversations again.

"Hey," I whispered to Sam and he looked down at me no emotion on his face. "I love you." I whispered.

He gave me a small smile, "Mm-hmm, love you too." He said then looked back at everyone starting a conversation with Gilinsky.

I furrowed my eyebrows and sighed. My phone went off and I looked at the message.

Katie: yeah he came to pops with flowers and we are going on date in an hour

Me: then get ready! What r u doing texting me??

Katie: ok ok I'll go get ready

I got up my phone in hand and got out of the hot tub putting my phone back on the table and grabbing a towel wrapping it around me.

"Where are you going?" Gilinsky asked seeing I was heading inside.

"Gonna clean up the kitchen, you know from the pancakes." I said as I secured the towel around me better.

"I'll help," Sasha said getting up and out of the pool.

She wrapped a towel around her securing in around her and we went inside.