15

Fifteen: Pointless Apologizes and Volleyball Tryouts

Azalea Miller

-3 & 1/2 years ago; junior year-

Wednesday

The weekend I spent it like I normal would with my best friends, but me and Sam went to how we were during the week-not talking to each other and me making out with Hunter and Sam with some girl.

I've been excited about this week and that was only because volleyball try outs were today.

-lunch-

"You going for volleyball?" Gilinsky asked.

"Of course, when do I not?" I asked as I stole a fry from Gilinsky's tray.

"She has a pointed." JJ pointed out.

"And you'll make it, like always." Nate smiled as he wrapped his arm around my shoulders. I was sitting next to him instead of Sam.

"Your too nice." I smile and pinch his cheek.

-after school-

The guys stayed with me during try outs, they say it's to cheer me on but I know it's because all the girls are in spandex or short shorts, my best friends are such fuckboys.

When I walked out of the locker room Sam was waiting by the water fountain as I got a drink. "Hey." He said.

"Hi?" I asked confused, we hadn't talked all week.

"Look, I'm sorry." He sighed running his hand threw his hair.

"For?" I asked wanting detail.

"Really?" He said and I nodded. He sighed. "Az' I'm sorry for everything, okay? I'm sorry." I rolled my eyes and walked away. "Hey!" He said jogging up behind me and gently grabbed my wrist to turn me around.

"What, Samuel?" I snapped at him.

"I apologized and you couldn't even say a okay, or I forgave you or even a I'm sorry too." He said.

"Why would I be sorry? I didn't do anything wrong?"

"Really, so sleeping with someone I have problems with is not wrong?" He asked crossing his arms.

I crossed my arms too. "No because I haven't slept with Hunter, and if I was I'm not going around fucking more than one guy a week unlike you fucking more girls than you can count in a week."

"It's not like that. They come to me." He said and point to himself when he said 'me'.

"But you can say no, Samuel." I give a small dry laugh. "I don't want to deal with this Sam. Let me know when your actually gonna give me a real apology." I said turning around but he turned me back around.

"Hey, no." He said harshly. "I already apologized."

"Yeah, and you obviously didn't mean it Sam." I said. "I got to go." I rolled my eyes and walked into the gym.

The others had wished me luck before try outs had started.

The whole time I could feel Sam's eyes on me, and it was messing me up. I couldn't focus, and my coach saw because she pulled me to the side.

"What's wrong Miller?" She asked frustrated.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Your messing up, you can't spike the ball well anymore, you can't get your serve down, nothing right now. What's up?" She asked with her hand on her hip as the other hand held onto her clip board at her side.

"I'm sorry, I'm," I sighed. "I just don't feel to great." I said.

"Lies. Last year you were puking your guts out and you insisted to play and you played awesome, as well as you normal do. What is it?" She pushed on.

"I'm sorry, I just can't focus right now, that's all." I said.

"Well this is the only try outs, and you know I can't just give you a spot." She crossed her arms.

"Yes, I know." I sighed.

"Okay, step it up." She said and walked away. "Get your head in the game."

I sighed and ran my hand threw my hair. I looked over at the bleachers to see the guys starring and me and giving me a thumbs up with a smile besides Sam who just gave me a sorry/mad look. I sighed again.

I took a deep breath and tried to focus but I don't think I was able to focus enough to at least score my normal score I do for try outs.

After I walked out of the locker room the guys were waiting for me.

"Hey, you good?" JJ asked furrowing his eyebrows.

"Um, yeah." I nod not wanting to talk about it.

We got to G's car and me and Sam didn't talk. I got dropped off at my house and went inside.

My dad was in his extremely drunk stage, and that never ends well.

750 words
*unedited*

7/12/17 | 762 words - edited