80

Azalea Miller

-2 years ago; Senior year-

I walked to my bedroom rubbing my eyes because I was beyond tired but Sam went out to get a Taco Bell and I was waiting for him to get back before I went to sleep. Sam wanted to talk about what happened yesterday at the wedding but I don't think I would be able tonight with how tired I am.

I rubbed my eyes as I opened my bedroom door and there Sam was sitting on my bed holding papers in his hand with the Taco Bell bag next to him on the bed.

"Hey, I'm so tired. Can we talk about that tomorrow!" I yawn as I start to walk towards him but he didn't look up at me. "Sam?" I question.

He stands up fast and looks at me, we didn't have the same look he had on his face before he left for Taco Bell this one was filled with anger, hurt and something else I couldn't read. "When were you gonna tell me?" He asked with clear anger in his voice.

"Tell you what?" I ask confused.

"Your going to New York!" He shouted. "What the fuck, Az'!"

"I was gonna tell you." I said stepping towards him.

"When!" He shouted.

"When we talk about you cheating." I answer.

"Why didn't you tell me when you got the letter weeks ago! This is dated when they wrote it." He shouted clutching the paper in his hand.

"I was gonna but-"

He cut me off. "But?" He scoffed. "You were just gonna bail on our plans, huh!"

"I wasn't, let me-"

"If you were able to keep this a secret for so long what else have you been hiding? Why did it take so long? I've been nothing but good to you and you can't even tell me your going to New York!" He shouted at me.

"Nothing but good to me? You cheated."

"Azalea, you kept this secret form me, a huge secret, this is different then that! I don't understand why we tell each other everything, I told you about Emma, why didn't you do that for me with this!" He shouted again and took a step toward me, still good distance between us. "We had plans to go to LA, we've had these for a while now and you were just gonna bail and go to New York, across the country!"

"Sammy, please let-"

"Please let you explain? Explain what?!" He scoffed again and crossed his arms over his chest the papers still clenched in his hands. "I don't need to hear you tell me your ditching what we planed, I don't need to hear the words come out of your mouth proving you don't care about what we were gonna do!"

"It's not what you think."

"Not what I think?" He questions harshly. "What? Had California been renamed New York because I never got the memo!"

"Calm down, please-"

"I can't, because the girl I love was going to just up and leave me!" He shouted at me again taking a step toward me, four feet separating us.