31

Azalea Miller

-3 & 1/2 years ago; junior year-

We drove to the end of Sammy's street and he stopped. "Cover your eyes." He smiled.

"Sam." I groaned.

"Please." He said and pouted.

"Ugh. Just drive." I groaned and put my hands over my eyes.

"Yay, thanks." He said and I could hear the smile. I felt the car drive off.

We drove maybe five minutes or more and I continued to ask where we were going but knew he wouldn't tell me.

"Stay here." He said and I heard his door shut then shortly after mine opened. "Okay, step out." He said and I listened. I stood in front of the open door. "Keep your eyes covered." He said and put his hands on my hips and led me forward a little and then I heard the car door shut.

"Sammy, where are we?" I asked as he walked me forward some more.

"I don't know why you ask, you know I won't tell you." He laughed. "Step up." He said and I listened.

"True." I laughed slightly.

"Okay stop." He said.

I was standing god knows where's with my eyes covered. I heard something shut and then Sam's hands on my hips again.

"Okay, move your hands." He said and I listened. Right in front of me was Sam with his signature smile, I look around and saw the car a little bit away and a field with hot air balloons, I looked at where I was standing and what do you know, we were standing in one.

"Oh, hell no, Sam." I shook my head and took a step to the side to get out.

"What?" He asked and pulled me back and wrapped his arms around my waist.

"You know I'm scared of heights." I looked up at him.

"Yet you go on the roof everyday." He smiled and laughed a little.

"That's different." I point out.

"How?" He asked and smirked thinking he won.

"The roof is my safe place, if I fall of it's only a few feet. A hot air balloon is thousands of feet up and if I fall I'll die for sure." I say and he laughed.

"I won't let you fall."

"Let's get Taco Bell, and get away from here." I suggest. "Sammy, I'm not doing this. For all I care you bring another girl up here, I'm not going up in this."

He smirked."But you already are doing this, you didn't even notice we went up."

"Sam!" I shout and cover my eyes so I won't look down, because I'll be to curious if he was telling the truth.

"Baby, it's okay." He pulled me into a hug and put his hand on the back of my head and rubbed his thumb in circles to calm me.

"What if we fall Sam?" I said and squeezed my eyes shut tighter.

"If, is the key word." He said. "But we won't fall, princess." He said and kissed the top of my head and used his hand to rub up and down my arm. I unsqueezed and uncovered my eyes and look only up at him. "So, you'd let me bring another girl up here?" He smirked.

"I would break up with you and be pissed off." I said.

"Then why'd you say it?" He questioned.

"To show how much I didn't want to go up here." I told him.

"It's okay baby, I wouldn't bring anyone else up here." He smiled and kissed my lips. "It's beautiful though." He said and looked past me. "See." He nudged his head behind me.

"I'm not looking." I shook my head.

"It's okay." He looked down at me.

I wrapped my arms around him and buried my head into his chest. "If I fall, your falling with me."

He wrapped his arms tighter around me. "If you fall, I'd jump after you."

"That's cute." I smile.

"Your cute." He said and I could hear his smile, from a thousand miles away.

"Your cheesy." I laugh a little.

"You love me." He said and I could feel him tense up a little. We didn't say anything. I only pulled my head back and looked up at him and he was staring down at me with slightly large eyes.

He was probably going over why he said that, and why I didn't agree. Probably debating on how I feel. His eyes flickered back and fourth from my left eye to my right and back.

I stood on my tippy toes and kissed him to assure him. Assure him of what exactly? That I do love him, that I'm not mad that he said that, that it wasn't a big deal? I mean it wasn't a big deal, right?

I mean a big deal would of been the three words, I love you, not 'You love me'.

If only I could google if 'you love me' is a big deal.

<><><>~<><><>
How the hell is this at 31 chapters already, I swear the other day I wrote the first chapter but okay.

846 words
*unedited*

8/3/17 | 852 words - edited