63

Azalea Miller

-3 years ago; Senior year-

I sighed as I plopped down on the couch and turned on the TV and starting up the fifth season of Arrow. I placed my elbow on the arm of the couch and rested my head on my hand as I watched Arrow.

I got halfway in the first episode and started to drifted off.

"Honey," a voice said softly shaking me a little. "Hon."

I groaned slightly and opened my eyes to see my grandma sitting next to me, her left hand placed on my shoulder and giving me a concerned look. I sat up and put my hand on my face. "Hey,"

"Are you feeling okay?" She asked furrowing her eyebrows a little, "You look kinda pale." She lifted her right hand and and placed the back of her hand on my forehead and then neck. "Your burning up, honey."

"No no, I'm fine." I shook my head and sat forward more so I could get up.

"No stay." She pushed me back.

"Grandma I'm fine," I told her.

"No your burning up and you look pale, your sick." She said standing up.

"I'm fi-"

"I swear if you say 'I'm fine' again you won't, stop being your normal stubborn sick self and stay here." She said.

"Damn okay." I held my hands up in defense.

"I'll be back." She said and walked off. I leaned forward and grabbed the remote from the table, Netflix had the 'Are you still watching' displayed on the screen. I went to more episodes and restarted the fifth season because I have no idea what happened.

My grandma soon came back with a bottle of water and blue liquid in a the medicine cap cup thingy- whatever those are called.

"Here take this and drink this; I want this all gone." She said referring to the water. She handed me the medicine cap and I tilted my head back and the gross taste of NyQuil appeared.

"Ew." I said and opened up the water bottle and took a drink.

I set the water on the table. "Okay you rest, love you honey." My grandma said placing a kiss on my forehead and disappearing again.

I watched the familiar beginning on the first episode and soon parts I hadn't watched played, but I started to doze off again.

This time instead of being shaken awake, I was awaken by my grandma on the phone. "Hello?" "This is her grandma, you must be the boyfriend." she laughed. "Sorry sweetie she is asleep, she's sick." "Burning up and pale." "Yup, that sounds like her." She laughed again.

"Grandma?" I question as I rubbed my eyes.

"Oh," she turns to look at me. "Hang on, sweetie." She said into the phone. "It's your boyfriend honey." She handed me the phone.

I inspected it and sure enough it was my phone and Sam's contact was across the screen. "Hello?" I said as I sat up more.

"Hey baby." Sam's voice came through the other end, "Your grandma said you are sick; how are you feeling?"

"Fine," I said. "Because I'm not sick." I shout so my grandma could hear.

"You are." Sam laughed.

"I am not."

"Babe, you are sick."

"Sammy, I assure you I am not."

"Azalea, I assure you that you are; your being stubborn and this explains our ending of are facetime this morning." He laughed.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I ask a little offended.

"When you are sick; even a stomachache you become stubborn and, well bitchy to."

"I do not." I defended myself.

"There is that stubbornness." He laughed. "Hang on I'll ask G." It was silent for a moment, "G, how does Az' become when she is sick?" He asked.

"A stubborn bitch!" Jack shouted for me to hear.

"Oh my lord, I don't!" I continued.

"Okay okay, whatever helps you sleep babe." Sam laughed. "Get some rest, I love you."

"I love you too," I said. "I do not become a stubborn bitch." I said sternly and he laughed while I hung up.

I resumed watching Arrow and got a text from Katie.

Kat: Girls day tmrw? Nails? Lunch?

Me: love to what time?

Kat: 12 I'll pick u up

Me: sounds good

711 words
*unedited*

8/3/17 | 717 words - edited